Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    looks DOPE!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You got a steal there killer!

• the real qustion is is it any good ?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    the real qustion is is it any good ?

I won't know til I get home. There are vocals on some tracks...wonder how will vocal jazz sound in greek

I also got Sonny Phillips "I concentrate on you" on Muse. Man is leaning over a Rhodes on cover. That has to be hot.

• I also got Sonny Phillips "I concentrate on you" on Muse. Man is leaning over a Rhodes on cover. That has to be hot.

Are there any solid Muse lps from beginning to end?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    the real qustion is is it any good ?

I won't know til I get home. There are vocals on some tracks...wonder how will vocal jazz sound in greek

I also got Sonny Phillips "I concentrate on you" on Muse. Man is leaning over a Rhodes on cover. That has to be hot.

I wouldn't get too excited about that one. If I remember right, that is one sleepy ORGAN jazz LP, not a hot electric keys session. Not a memorable LP.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

truth be told LP's that good from start to finish are raer on any label

• truth be told LP's that good from start to finish are raer on any label

Especially in Greek (around here anyway).

• I also got Sonny Phillips "I concentrate on you" on Muse. Man is leaning over a Rhodes on cover. That has to be hot.

Richie Cole & Eric Kloss "Battle of the Saxes Vol. 1"

Ok, not really, only Ebony Godfather is hot, I just want to know if I'm going to rich if I sell it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Man is leaning over a Rhodes on cover. That has to be hot.

AYO!?!?!?!?!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Keepers:

Thelonius Monk Quartet - Monks Dream

Melvin Sparks - Akilah!

Doug Carn - Adams Apple (Quad Promo!)

Cymande - Second Time Around

For Trade/Sale:

Lou Donaldson - Sweet Lou

Archie Shepp - There's a Trumpet in my soul

Miles Davis in Person - Live at the Blackhawk SF (Columbia Six Eye Stereo Pressing)

Charles Mingus - Cumbia and Jazz Fusion

and mas....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just one:

Minty OG and it sounds nice.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

yes.

both dom um romaos
    clifford jordan - night of the mark VII
    donato/deodato
    carlos garnett - journey to enlightenment / black love
    catalyst re-issue from cobblestone
    steve kuhn live reissue from cobblestone
    and more

• Are there any solid Muse lps from beginning to end?

yes.

both dom um romaos
    donato/deodato
    and more

Don't forget the two Joe Bonner LPs. I think they are pretty consistent.

• Options

yes.

both dom um romaos

donato/deodato

and more

Don't forget the two Joe Bonner LPs. I think they are pretty consistent.

The best album on Muse I've ever heard. Latin fire.

K in Canada.

yes.

both dom um romaos
    donato/deodato
    and more

Lotsa Muse stuff

Pinnacle-Buster Williams
    Pat Martino stuuf/Eric Kloss stuff

lots

• The best album on Muse I've ever heard. Latin fire.

Indeed... just picked this up for $5 and it's a wild latin burner. Totally unexpected. Not limp!

What's the diff between this cover and the one with the lady winking?

• Coupla long-time NOLA wants...
    Willie Harper - You You b/w Soda Pop (Sansu)
    John Williams & The Tick Tocks - Do Me LIke You Do Me (Sansu)

And one from LA
    Preston Love - Cool Ade (Kent)

• The best album on Muse I've ever heard. Latin fire.

Indeed... just picked this up for $5 and it's a wild latin burner. Totally unexpected. Not limp!

I also found this recently. A pretty good album!

It is the same as this one, no? I'm very ignorant on labels. Has Cobblestone anything to do with Muse? I thought it was related to Buddah?

"Islam" means "total submission". That would be the first title I would come up with for a latin jazz album.

The best album on Muse I've ever heard. Latin fire.

I also found this recently. A pretty good album!

It is the same as this one, no? I'm very ignorant on labels. Has Cobblestone anything to do with Muse? I thought it was related to Buddah?

"Islam" means "total submission". That would be the first title I would come up with for a latin jazz album.

The purple is the OG, no?
    I have loved this LP for many moons.

Reminds me of Neal Ceaque's LP on muse as well.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive bought a lot of record since sunday... no camera right now cause i left it in PRo's bag. these are just a few that i liked:

Companion - Reap the Lost Dreamers (Rav) : mystical psych xian.. SICK!

David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended (Motown)

Fonda Rae - Over Like A Fat Rat (Vanguard) 12"

Leon Ware - s/t (Elektra) : w/ "Why I Came to California" and others

Local Group - Makin Good (Local) ; Ode to Billy Joe, Chicago Blues

Local Group - Vocal Local Group (Mus-I-Col) : Aint Not Sunshine

Enoch Light - Charge! (Project 3) : Spinning Wheel

Truth of Truths - Contemporary Rock Opera (Oak) : ill drums and vocal samples, funky beats, etc. story is that this came out right after JCSuperstar and got dissed as a copycat.

Don Stiernberg - Rosetta "A Jazz Mandolin Album" (Flying High) : lotsa drums on three nice tracks. all Jazz record.

Ellis and Lynch - With All My Heart (Raven) : "Exultet" is fucking cool! xian psych.

Lucio Battisti - Images (RCA UK) : ill record. i love this shit. his voice and the beats are nasty to me. get high and close your eyes.

Crosscurrent Community - Let the Cosmos Ring (Avant Garde) : crazy Jazzy white xian record. there are some dope moments here. theres one really nasty instrumental that makes the whole record worth the 89cents i paid.

Danniebelles - s/t (Action) : local gospel record. if you dont know it... you should find one. not rare at all. good luck.

Faith - s/t (Brown Bag) : gotta give it up to Sulmers and Mao, my first mentors in this diggin shit, to put me on this back in 95(?). ill open drum breaks and beats.

George Benson - New Boss Guitar (Prestige)

Rare Bird - Somebody's Watching (Polydor)

Rare Bird - As Your Mind Flies By (ABC)

Mose Allison - Creek Bank (Prestige)

multiple Statler Records with: Do I Do (stevie wonder), Thriller (mj), Rhythm Is Gonna Get You (gloria estefan), Cross My Broken Heart, Wanna Dance with Somebody, etc. and some with funky drum beats and samples that are original tunes.

multiple Hoctor Records with: Black Cat (janet jackson), Way That You Love Me (paula abdul), I'll Be Good To You, Escapade (janet jackson), Get Up and Have A Good Time (rob base & dj ez rock), etc.

multiple Marching Band records with: Theme from Shaft, Soulful Strut, Chameleon, etc

some 45s (all $15-$40 pieces, probably about 40 pieces)

etc etc etc

• Today I picked this up for something like US$ 3.00:

Greek jazz "Sphinx"

Anyone heard this?

that`s really good find there. It`s the first lp by Sphinx, I got the second and I like it pretty much.. at least couple of the funkier fusion tunes. They did only 2 lp`s. I was couple of weeks in Greece but didnt find that first Sphinx and only find one copy of the second lp too. Its pretty rare even in greece.

• rolled trough a local thrift this morning, when i got there they had just got some stuff in and i saw that they were looking at GEMM and using it as a priceguide plus they had a new bin "collectors" i was like wtf? so i see all these euro pressing commodores with big fat scratches and other crap for 3 to 10 euro in there so i started a conversation with the dude that was pricing them, he told me he just started working there and that this was his idea..because the records were sold to cheap at 50cent 1 euro and the soul funk and jazz records are really wanted by all these collector dudes..whatever dude. I asked if i could have a look at the stack he just got in, at first he was like no i usually dont let people trough this stuff i have to look them up first see what they are worth and..so i said ok but maybe if i see something i want you can hold it back for me..so finally i could have a look and pulled that Van Der Graaf Generator. so he looked it up and he came up with 160 euros..then he says wow this is a rare record i have to ask 2 euros for this one. I didnt understand wtf this guy was doing anymore..then he started babbling about that he only collects records that have groaning sex sounds on them and that he likes to jerk off to them..HAHAHHAHA this guy was fuckin crazy..got these records and got the fuck out of there.

he looked a bit like this dude but with glasses:

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

Muse reissued many of the Cobblestones in the late 70's/early 80's. Cobblestone was a Buddah subsidiary.

The purple copy is the OG- interesting thing about that LP is that one or two cuts are also featured on that Pharoah Sanders latin LP. Same tunes- so although uncredited Pharaoh is playing on this LP.

• damn, im jealous. i got no money and no job right now. i miss my shops

• It is the same as this one, no? I'm very ignorant on labels. Has Cobblestone anything to do with Muse? I thought it was related to Buddah?

Muse reissued many of the Cobblestones in the late 70's/early 80's. Cobblestone was a Buddah subsidiary.

The purple copy is the OG- interesting thing about that LP is that one or two cuts are also featured on that Pharoah Sanders latin LP. Same tunes- so although uncredited Pharaoh is playing on this LP.

Great, so I have the OG. I'll try to single out Pharoah next time I'll play it. Thanks for dropping knowledge. On a related note: I found The Latinization of Bunky Green along with this one. Cheesy cover but the music is great.

Both records I like very much.

• three records, from trades and ebay quality not quantity:

the maceo is slighly over graded but i can live with it. three long time wants off the ole wantlist.

dave

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    how is that Atlas? The cover is sooo crazy!

• how is that Atlas? The cover is sooo crazy!

it's pretty good. i actually like it a lot. it might be a bit brassy for some peoples taste. it's just a straight ahead funk record from austria. not funky jazz.