Prize Check (Dub LPs)

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Any eKsperts around??Java Java JavaZodiac Sounds (w/ the black print of off-white)Also, Studio One Presents Burning Spears (w/ the red/pink silkscreened? cover) and yearcheck?

Comments

• those are all pretty worthless, but I can give you a couple bucks for them

• 20 right here!

.....sorry still in heatrock mode...

Let me guess, you'll also transfer them to CD for me?

Let me guess, you'll also transfer them to CD for me?

Well, I charge for that...

• Java Java Java

That's a comp still in print as far as I know. I see it brand new all the time. Still, it's fucking and one of my favorite dub joints. Of course I'm hardly a reggae head. I think I'll bring it out today and give it a listen.

• Options
    Any eKsperts around??

Java Java Java - There's a JA and US press of this, so it depends. I'd guess low $80 to high $200+

Zodiac Sounds (w/ the black print of off-white) $200-$350 of it's a clean Winro press - this is the best Studio 1 dub LP IMO

Also, Studio One Presents Burning Spears (w/ the red/pink silkscreened? cover) and yearcheck? - it's pretty easy to tell if it's silkscreened (feel the damn thing!), if so $150+

That said, I can put them on recordable 8track, CAsette, reel-to-reel, dat, cd, or any new-fangled computer format for ya????

Nice picks, K.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what about rub-a-dub style/papa michigan? i gave that away a while back, and always wonder about it.

• Options
    That's really easy to find (here in T.O...and on eBay for that matter). Hope it didn't hurt.

Kevin in Canada.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    naw, like i said, i gave it away. it's in good hands. thanks man.

• Any eKsperts around??

Java Java Java - There's a JA and US press of this, so it depends. I'd guess low $80 to high $200+

Zodiac Sounds (w/ the black print of off-white) $200-$350 of it's a clean Winro press - this is the best Studio 1 dub LP IMO

Also, Studio One Presents Burning Spears (w/ the red/pink silkscreened? cover) and yearcheck? - it's pretty easy to tell if it's silkscreened (feel the damn thing!), if so $150+

On second inspection, the Zodiac is light green on white (silkscreened!), Winro label but says pressed in L.A.

The Java Java has a red Impact label but no artist/tracklist on it. That's gotta be JA. :stoner: