NOLA cops manhandle grandma; O'Reilly cheers VIDEO

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Conservative O'Reilly lauds it as cops force their way into homes and aprehend dangerous insurgent old women.
BR>BR>

NEW ORLEANS -- It's a groundbreaking court decision that legal experts say will affect everyone: Police officers in Louisiana no longer need a search or arrest warrant to conduct a brief search of your home or business.

The decision in United States v. Kelly Gould, No. 0230629cr0, was made March 24 by the New Orleans-based 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The ruling stems from a lawsuit filed in Denham Springs in 2000, in which defendant Gould filed a motion to suppress information gleaned from a search of his home. The motion was granted by district court, and the government appealed this decision. The March 24 ruling by the 5th Circuit is an affirmation of that appeal.

(or click here: video)

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Jesus Christ did they slam that old lady up against the wall?????

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    AND THEY WANT US TO GIVE AWAY OUR GUNS WHEN THEY'RE DOING THAT TO OLD LADIES??

I'm not pro-gun at all but fuck if I'm gonna let somebody do that to my mother, my family, or me.

THIS AIN'T AMERICA IS IT?

WHERE COULD I BE?[/b]

• Jesus Christ did they slam that old lady up against the wall?????

That one thar's a vicious criminal. Gotta sneak 'er 'fore ya get got.

• Why do I feel like going outside and collecting bricks right now. I can't deal with this kind of shit. What the Fuck!! What the Fuck! What the Fuck! I am fucking riled up on this shit. I don't think my anger is going away anytime soon......

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I don't know who edited that clip, but they chopped it they way they did in order to illicit a response (much like what Grafwritah is trying to do).

I saw the full clip on Fox when that show aired. The woman had a gun and was waiving it around in what could be seen as a haphazard manner and refused to put it down after numerous requests by the police.

What I find so annoying is that this sort of scare tactic by the extreme left takes away from the real crimes many policemen have commited in NOLA.

• I don't know who edited that clip, but they chopped it they way they did in order to illicit a response (much like what Grafwritah is trying to do).

Well I was trying to illicit a response. But all I've seen is that clip, nothing more, so that's all I know, and I was trying to illicit the response I had, like WTF.

And I did mention she had a gun. Although I didn't see her doing anything with it.

What I find so annoying is that this sort of scare tactic by the extreme left takes away from the real crimes many policemen have commited in NOLA.

Well put.

What's your POV, politically? I'm just curious as you seem to have an unusually centered view on things. That's a good thing.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

What's your POV, politically? I'm just curious as you seem to have an unusually centered view on things. That's a good thing.

I don't have a political POV. I'm regestered as independant because that's exactly how I view myself. I often appear to lean towards the left, sometimes even the extreme left, because I'm honestly interested in someday seeing a society where people are treated better than they are now. Right now, much of the U.S. population is not even treated as human. Most liberal politicians profess to share my views (though, whether they actually do or not is sometimes hard to tell). And while some may argue this, I think a majority of right wing politicians are self-serving and lack the ability to see society as being made up entirely of individuals with exactly the same rights as themselves.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I feel like I'm losing my mind.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    as bad as that video looks, you best believe if someone is waving a gun around like that, mufuckah is getting tackled

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I don't know who edited that clip, but they chopped it they way they did in order to illicit a response (much like what Grafwritah is trying to do).

I saw the full clip on Fox when that show aired. The woman had a gun and was waiving it around in what could be seen as a haphazard manner and refused to put it down after numerous requests by the police.

ding ding!

she had a fucking gun. what do you guys recommend the cop do? the video is clearly edited for a reaction. i'm just as mad as you guys are about the way this shit is being handled, but going after the cops that have been there busting their ass since shit happened while their force is in turmoil (fools going awol, commiting suicide, etc..) is fucked up.

who gave the order for mandatory evacuation of people from their homes?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Should people be forced to evacuate?

It clearly is not safe, what with the toxic sludge that the storm spread around.

On the other hand I do not see those cops wearing protective gear. (I mean overalls, gloves and goggles, not kevlar.)

On the other hand, she probably does not want to evacuate because she knows they are going to bulldoze her house and turn the land over Megacorp to build a new hotel.

Dan

• Should people be forced to evacuate?

It clearly is not safe, what with the toxic sludge that the storm spread around.

On the other hand I do not see those cops wearing protective gear. (I mean overalls, gloves and goggles, not kevlar.)

On the other hand, she probably does not want to evacuate because she knows they are going to bulldoze her house and turn the land over Megacorp to build a new hotel.

Dan
    Yup, that's what's gonna happen.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    as bad as that video looks, you best believe if someone is waving a gun around like that, mufuckah is getting tackled

She's lucky she didn't get shot or something. Also, are people in the states against forcibly evacuating folks out of NO? The army should have forcibly removed everyone outta there 3 days before this storm. Lots more people would be alive today if they did. I mean, there ain't no constitutional rights in the world that will bring back drowned guy from the dead. Also, I totally believe that the area is unhealthy to live in. Ever been around when a lousy sprinkler goes off? That by itself is awful; N.O must be like that times a million. I can only guess what backed up out of sewers or what spilled out of factories. That three eyed fish from the Simpsons is going to be a reality for NO Shrimpers, no doubt. And that the police are not in hazmat suits doesn't surprise me, neither. Its just another symptom of the casual disregard for human life that we've witnessed since the begining of this tragedy.

• The army should have forcibly removed everyone outta there 3 days before this storm. Lots more people would be alive today if they did. I mean, there ain't no constitutional rights in the world that will bring back drowned guy from the dead.

thats not how our federal & state system works, the fed can't just send the army into a state, the governor has to allow that, which she didn't and there is still bickering between the state and fed government about how much can be handed over to the fed