HTML Celebrity Heatrock template (spread love)

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
SOULSTRUT FUNDRAISER FOR KATRINA SURVIVORS[/b]Over at www.Soulstrut.com Bambouche has organized the Heatrocks rare record auction and I encourage everyone who owns a turntable to get their bid on. Folks are donating all kinds of ridiculous records for this thing (Stark Reality, Skull Snaps, Open Sky Unit etc.). ALL proceeds will go to relief efforts for the victims of hurricane Katrina and the subsequent floods in New Orleans. At the end of all the auctions the money will then be matched 3X by an outside contributor. So far we've managed to raise well over $10,000 in the first few days.With no homes, personal belongings or jobs these people need all the help we can give them.So again, I urge everyone to go bid[/b">.*DJShadow.com is contributing the following items for auction, which end at noon PST September 19.B>Lot 1 & 2: Public Works Box Set, signed by Shadow/B> (see a href="http://www.obeydjshadow.com]www.obeydjshadow.com for more details.)B>NOTE: THERE ARE 2 OF THESE UP FOR AUCTION. THE 2 HIGHEST BIDDERS WIN/B>B> Lot 3: Dick Cheney picture disc/B> This is the legendary Radiohead mix Shadow pressed up for the 2004 Presidential Elections. Around 500 were made, and this copy comes from Shadow???s remaining stash. B>Lot 4: 1997 SHADOW TOUR TEST PRESSING/B> Serious stuff here, folks. Shadow has never turned one of these loose on the public, in any capacity. In 1997, Shadow toured with Jeru the Damaja in America and Radiohead in Europe. He made this test pressing through Mo??? Wax for the tour (thus the French manufacturing info on the label). It contains portions from the master tapes of extended samples from High Noon and Endtroducing, as well as various sounds for Shadow to scratch. 50 COPIES WERE MADE. Shadow estimates that this copy for auction is one of about 3 to survive unscathed; the others are either missing or in various states of overuse and abuse. We can???t stress this enough: THIS THING IS B>RARE/B>. Happy bidding, and as if you needed further incentive to participate, DJShadow.com is pledging to MATCH ALL BIDS up to $1,000.00. You can???t beat that with a stick.Let???s do this.Starting bid is at $1 for all itemsFor more details.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I put this together for people to post around online and generate some more interest in the auctions. Maybe this will bring in some fresh pockets considering most of ours are on "E".

Just hit "quote" and copy/paste

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    excellent work, i will be shopping it around

• I just posted up at two spots I frequent. Good work Day. I just got a 1,000 dollars let the heat rocks roll.