FEMA Director Brown resigns. (2 weeks too late)

Comments

• I'm still fuckin pissed.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm still fuckin pissed.

Let the punishment fit the crime. Dude needs to sleep in the superdome for the next 2 weeks then stand in line with everyone else looking for a new job

• He should be forced to stand in a pool of feces, oil run off and swampwater for 6 days...

• He should be forced to stand in a pool of feces, oil run off and swampwater for 6 days...
    and then drink said swampwater

• I'm not saying this guys innocent; but doesn't it always seem like they cut the little dudes head off to save the bigger dudes from the brunt of the criticism. This guy most definitely fucked up; but what about HIS bosses?

and then drink said swampwater

Oooooohhhh...nice touch....

• I'm not saying this guys innocent; but doesn't it always seem like they cut the little dudes head off to save the bigger dudes from the brunt of the criticism. This guy most definitely fucked up; but what about HIS bosses?
    It's fucked up but the big fish is always gonna eat the small fish

• Eh, I really don't see this being a big deal. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he resigned but I don't see it as a step forward, I think we need to wait and see who the replace him with. Then its on biatches!

• still waiting for the president to resign "in the best interest of the country."

• is Brown's consolation prize a home-version of "The Blame Game?"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

still waiting for the president to resign "in the best interest of the country."

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Eh, I really don't see this being a big deal. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he resigned but I don't see it as a step forward, I think we need to wait and see who the replace him with. Then its on biatches!

They already decided that...did you read the article?

• Eh, I really don't see this being a big deal. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he resigned but I don't see it as a step forward, I think we need to wait and see who the replace him with. Then its on biatches!

They already decided that...did you read the article?

Ahh.... In initial article on Brown resigning didn't mention his replacement...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

"Brownie, you're doing a helluva job": George Bush a few days after Hurricane Katrina

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

He is a pretty big fish, he only has 2 bosses.

They have been collecting bodies for 4 days, but for some reason the number of dead found so far is top-secret-homeland-security-classified-need-to-know-info. Yesterday Brown said the number is going to be low. Today they found over 40 bodies at a hospital. I think he got a look at the early numbers and said, "I am out of here". Probably couldn't find anyone who would just dump them in Lake Pontchatraine.

Sadder than sad.

• FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1126585170mallard">

What do you do after a hurricane devastates your city?[/b]
    lay low. relax. things will work themselves out/
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

This stuff is pretty sad.

The Mud Flood
    By Andrew, Grade 3

I smelled the water in my basement.
    It smelled like water in the sewer.
    I tasted the dirty water from my sink.
    It tasted like mud with water.
    I touched the dike that was wet.
    It felt like a glob of mud.
    I saw the bridge all covered with water and mud.
    The flood water sounded like waves from the sea.

Some parts of this FEMA kids site is weirding me out. It's like making tragedy whimsical.

Rep. Tom Delay to young boys lying on cots: "Now, be honest boys. Isn't this kind of fun?"

• those are honestly some of the most disturbing childrens drawings ive ever seen.

really.

"we're all gonna die"?

edit: i can see some morbid little kid drawing something like that, so i guess the most disturbing part is FEMA posting them on their site for children

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    those are honestly some of the most disturbing childrens drawings ive ever seen.

really.

"we're all gonna die"?

edit: i can see some morbid little kid drawing something like that, so i guess the most disturbing part is FEMA posting them on their site for children

http://www.fema.gov/kids/pubs.htm

I ordered the coloring book and some brouchers. They are free!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

THIS AIN'T AMERICA IS IT?

WHERE COULD I BE?[/b]

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

He is a pretty big fish, he only has 2 bosses.

They have been collecting bodies for 4 days, but for some reason the number of dead found so far is top-secret-homeland-security-classified-need-to-know-info. Yesterday Brown said the number is going to be low. Today they found over 40 bodies at a hospital. I think he got a look at the early numbers and said, "I am out of here". Probably couldn't find anyone who would just dump them in Lake Pontchatraine.

Sadder than sad.

The bodies found in the hospital had been well-documented, though. The exact number had been in question, but that was one of the more widely reported atrocities in the early days. I think he was refering to the number of bodies expected to be found once the water recedes and all houses are searched/accounted for - of course, his saying the number would be
    "low" is both pure speculation (considering how poorly documented you have to assume the poulations of some areas to be) and pretty disrespectful to those who actually did die. Try telling the husband of a lost, dead wife: "Hey, good news! It was actually only 800 dead, not 10,000!"