DMC Canadian Finals w/Dj Premier

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Had a really good weekend...Sat. night I hit up the DMC finals with DJ Serious, DJ Grouch & DJ Dopey (Who were judging) in Hamilton. Got drunk with that kewl mutha fucker J-Tek (checkin' out alot of hot women *Hardly see that at battles*).This is the first battle I've been to in along time. It was good to see alot of people out and enjoyin' themselves (Cause I know battles have been kinda quiet the last few years). But I can't help but wonder if most were there, just to see Premier. He's not crazy on the tables, but he sure can hype up a fuckin' crowd and pick a record to drop. When he stopped the music and turned around and went into his crates and came back 20 seconds later and said something along the lines of "Now, I stopped the music, cause this next song is important, lets do it up right" and he dropped Big L, the place went nutz.Whats going on with battles in your area? I heard the Toronto finals were kinda dead... Turntablism alive out there?

Comments

• Does anyone knows when the Atlanta DMC heat will take place? I haven't been to a battle since '99 (NYC heat).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Does anyone knows when the Atlanta DMC heat will take place? I haven't been to a battle since '99 (NYC heat).

DMC's are done.. cept for world finals.

US was

The Battle for US Supremacy and Team Championship took place on Thursday 1st September @ DNA Lounge, San Francisco.

Prelims:
    Concept
    Nytkrawler
    Lodus
    I-Dee
    Tanner
    Etronik
    Entec
    Sickroc
    Virus
    Tekthreat
    Affectx
    Cplus
    Cwitch
    Ejay
    Gteck
    Unkown
    J-Reign

Round 1:
    I-Dee Vs Cplus
    Ejay Vs Virus
    Unknown Vs Entec
    Image Vs Etronik

Second Round
    Virus Vs I-Dee
    Entec Vs Etronik

Finals
    I-Dee Vs Etronik

Winner: I-Dee

Teams
    Soundminers
    Westcoast 1ders
    Battlestar

Winner: Battlestar

• Does anyone knows when the Atlanta DMC heat will take place? I haven't been to a battle since '99 (NYC heat).

DMC's are done.. cept for world finals.

US was

The Battle for US Supremacy and Team Championship took place on Thursday 1st September @ DNA Lounge, San Francisco.

Prelims:
    Concept
    Nytkrawler
    Lodus
    I-Dee
    Tanner
    Etronik
    Entec
    Sickroc
    Virus
    Tekthreat
    Affectx
    Cplus
    Cwitch
    Ejay
    Gteck
    Unkown
    J-Reign

Round 1:
    I-Dee Vs Cplus
    Ejay Vs Virus
    Unknown Vs Entec
    Image Vs Etronik

Second Round
    Virus Vs I-Dee
    Entec Vs Etronik

Finals
    I-Dee Vs Etronik

Winner: I-Dee

Teams
    Soundminers
    Westcoast 1ders
    Battlestar

Winner: Battlestar

I guess I'll have to wait until next year. I must really be out of touch with the battle scene because the only DJ that I recognize is E-Jay.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i went to the spin-off championship in LA saturday night. a girl from xm, another sponsor, hooked vip and free alize . the place was packed. the battle was a pretty corporate affair, hosted by guitar center and some others. i think the competition was over by the time we got there. common, kweli, and diplo performed. no one gave a shit about diplo, and the xm girl (from DC) was tripping about that. i heard kanye got on too, but i was distracted by said fruity beverage.
    it may be not a good look, but i don't care that much. got drunk, had a good time, then went to see cut chemist dj at another bar late night. chemist did a great set and when he was done, he hit on the xm girl.

• i went to the spin-off championship in LA saturday night. a girl from xm, another sponsor, hooked vip and free alize . the place was packed. the battle was a pretty corporate affair, hosted by guitar center and some others. i think the competition was over by the time we got there. common, kweli, and diplo performed. no one gave a shit about diplo, and the xm girl (from DC) was tripping about that. i heard kanye got on too, but i was distracted by said fruity beverage.
    it may be not a good look, but i don't care that much. got drunk, had a good time, then went to see cut chemist dj at another bar late night. chemist did a great set and when he was done, he hit on the xm girl.
    this is the guitar center battle, correct?

i went to the spin-off championship in LA saturday night. a girl from xm, another sponsor, hooked vip and free alize . the place was packed. the battle was a pretty corporate affair, hosted by guitar center and some others. i think the competition was over by the time we got there. common, kweli, and diplo performed. no one gave a shit about diplo, and the xm girl (from DC) was tripping about that. i heard kanye got on too, but i was distracted by said fruity beverage.

yep

the battle was a pretty corporate affair, hosted by guitar center

• i went to the spin-off championship in LA saturday night. a girl from xm, another sponsor, hooked vip and free alize . the place was packed. the battle was a pretty corporate affair, hosted by guitar center and some others. i think the competition was over by the time we got there. common, kweli, and diplo performed. no one gave a shit about diplo, and the xm girl (from DC) was tripping about that. i heard kanye got on too, but i was distracted by said fruity beverage.

yep

the battle was a pretty corporate affair, hosted by guitar center

Free Alize=

• ayoayo 44 Posts
    no one gave a shit about diplo

why should anyone give a shit about him? his sets are boring as fuck and his production work is unlistenable. i have seen him spin twice now and i dont get all they hype around him. why do so many think his stuff is ???

no one gave a shit about diplo

why should anyone give a shit about him? his sets are boring as fuck and his production work is unlistenable. i have seen him spin twice now and i dont get all they hype around him. why do so many think his stuff is ???

i dunno. matter o fact, i had the same question. this is part of the post i made in anticipation of the show...

i never jumped on the diplo bus - i always felt TTL was pushing him too much, like you never wanna buy crystal meth from the dealer that's pleading with you to buy his product - but i know there's a bunch of fans out there. so what's good?