Famous New Orleans Po Boys - A Benefit Mix

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I finished up my benefit mix this weekend. I busted my ass to get this done as quick as possible and as best I can. I'll be selling these CDs for $10 with $2 shipping and handling. The full $10 will be going to Habitat for Humanity. I chose them because they are very important but have been overshadowed by all the press Red Cross has been getting.My soulstrut disclaimer for this is that in no way am I trying to come off as an authority on New Orleans funk and soul with this. I'm a serious lil dude around here when it comes to NOLA records and a few of the tracks used are reissues. I wanted to do this because I can put together a solid mix in a short period of time and because I wanted to find another way to get my friends involved after losing the Stark Reality auction. To them and most other audiences, this will be all new music and very educational. It is mixed and blended like all my other stuff, so if you liked that stuff, then you'll like this. If you're interested, visit this page to purchase. Also, each one will be personally signed by me so hold onto it, it could be worth something some day Track Listing:IntroDr. John the Night Tripper - Walk on Guilded SplintersAaron Neville - HerculesMeters - CardovaMeters - Handclapping SongRhythm Masters - I Can Do Anything You Can DoCyril Neville - Tell Me What's on Your MindPointer Sisters - Yes We CanEddie Bo & Inez Cheatham - Lover and a FriendEddie Bo - Hook & SlingMarilyn Barbarin - RebornExplosions - Hip DropEddie Floyd - Groove MeDr John - In the Right PlaceExplosions - Garden of Four TreesEddie Bo - The ThangEddie Bo - Can You Handle ItGaturs - Cold BearRhythm Masters - Black ConversationMeters - 6V6 LAGaturs - Gator BaitChuck Carbo - Can I Be Your SqueezeErnie K Doe - Here Come the GirlsChuck Carbo - Take Care of Your Homework FriendMohawks - Ride Your PonyMeters - It Ain't No UseErnie & the Top Notes - Dap WalkProfessor Longhair - Big ChiefRoger & the Gypsies - Pass the HatchetLee Dorsey & Betty Harris - Love Lots of LovinWell, that's the deal. I talked to a guy this weekend about doing yet another benefit show in Mountain View, CA sometime in the near future so I'll keep everyone posted on that. Just trying to do as much as I can here. Thanks,DJ Ferrari

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Intro
    Dr. John the Night Tripper - Walk on Guilded Splinters
    Aaron Neville - Hercules
    Meters - Cardova
    Meters - Handclapping Song
    Rhythm Masters - I Can Do Anything You Can Do
    Cyril Neville - Tell Me What's on Your Mind
    Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can
    Eddie Bo & Inez Cheatham - Lover and a Friend
    Eddie Bo - Hook & Sling
    Marilyn Barbarin - Reborn
    Explosions - Hip Drop
    Eddie Floyd - Groove Me
    Dr John - In the Right Place
    Explosions - Garden of Four Trees
    Eddie Bo - The Thang
    Eddie Bo - Can You Handle It
    Gaturs - Cold Bear
    Rhythm Masters - Black Conversation
    Meters - 6V6 LA
    Gaturs - Gator Bait
    Chuck Carbo - Can I Be Your Squeeze
    Ernie K Doe - Here Come the Girls
    Chuck Carbo - Take Care of Your Homework Friend
    Mohawks - Ride Your Pony
    Meters - It Ain't No Use
    Ernie & the Top Notes - Dap Walk
    Professor Longhair - Big Chief
    Roger & the Gypsies - Pass the Hatchet
    Lee Dorsey & Betty Harris - Love Lots of Lovin

That looks almost identical to the NOLA funk set I threw at the beginnning of The Rub 2 Saturdays ago.

CD looks nice, Ferarri.

• Bump... it's good I promise

DJ Ferrari

• Maybe some soundclips will help...

Sample

DJ Ferrari

• One last bump for good measure.

• Some copies at Groove Merchant if any bay heads are desperate for a copy

Dudes that picked one up... any feedback?

DJ Ferrari

• Okay, I want to unload these so I can make a donation as soon as possible.

Since sales have completely halted, I will lower the price to $6 including shipping in the US and $8 international.

paypal [email]ferrari@djferrari.com[/email]

Those that have one, could you pahlease say a little word about it

I'm guessing it's not picking up any steam is because people are burnt out and tapped out. I put this together as fast as I could knowing this would happen, but I guess I was a little too late

DJ Ferrari