carlito's way 2: rise to power

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
copped the bootleg, + it's garbage.it looks like it was taken from a workprint so the quality is the best your going to get off of a blanket.the story itself is + the actors are strictly showtime at the apollopuff daddy shows up to annoy viewers as a boss named 'hollywood nicky'.i didn't see "rasin in the sun" but i don't know how he wasn't laughed off broadway with acting chops like these.a newcomer named jay hernandez plays carlito + plays him like a talentless robot.the girl from "raising Victor Varges" was supposed to play carlito's main chick but she must have actually read the script + realised what a shitty film this was going to be.instead we get somemore bad acting from a ok looking girl with a real nice body. her sole purpose is to act stuck up + then get naked. luis guzman appears as a assasian + provides a little humor to the movie, but by then it's too late.have no idea why they went ahead with this mess.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• what's the story behind it supposed to be? does he actually play the same carlito, or is he supposed to be like a nephew or some shit? if it's the former, how are they going to have luiz guzman in the flick and tie that into the story?? i'm disgusted by this concept.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I KNEW this was gonna be wack!

• luis guzman appears as a assasian

?!?!

I thought of photoshopping his face on the pic but then laziness swept over me.

Herm

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what's the story behind it supposed to be? does he actually play the same carlito, or is he supposed to be like a nephew or some shit? if it's the former, how are they going to have luiz guzman in the flick and tie that into the story?? i'm disgusted by this concept.
    it's a young carlito, + the story is how he gets into the heroin game through a series of amusing mishaps. alot of bit players show up in the movie as different characters.the pr cop reappers here as the chick's dad+ the waiter from the club is now a bartender.oh yeah, + the REAL fat italian dude shows up in a couple of scenes.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I just saw the ad for this for the first time tonight, and in 30 seconds went from psyched ("whoa - a Carlito's Way sequel?!") to sad ("ugh what a shitty cast...Diddy???") to laughing ("coming soon to DVD? uh oh!") ... too bad, it could have had potential with some $$$ and talent...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah,it had a series of good books to base it on.
    instead the producer decided to write + direct the thing himself.
    keep the $$$ men + the talent seperated.

• Just saw the preview. Looks like it was filmed on video. What braindead Hollywood exec greenlight this?

• Who directed?

• sweet, more name drops for me. Can't be any worse that Carlito's Angels which garnered mw some good soundbites.

• Who directed?

Michael Scott Bregman. Never heard of him but he's worked with Luis Guzman several times according to http://imdb.com/name/nm0106841/#director

I watched a few more clips online. Looks like fucking trash. It's funny because it looks almost like a Film Class 101 educational video.

2 shot, close-up, wideshot, repeat.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Who directed?

Michael Scott Bregman. Never heard of him but he's worked with Luis Guzman several times according to http://imdb.com/name/nm0106841/#director

I watched a few more clips online. Looks like fucking trash. It's funny because it looks almost like a Film Class 101 educational video.

2 shot, close-up, wideshot, repeat.
    michael bregman is the dude that produced "scarface"+"carlito's way".apperently he learned nothing from watching de palma.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    They filmed several scenes from this on our block last winter, so I feel obligated to see it...No celebrity sightings, just a bunch of leftover debris from the crew that our landlady wrote a letter to the police to complain about.

I saw Juicy Judy (aka "girl from Raising Victor Vargas") in a cool movie last spring at the GenArt Film Festival called "On the Outs." Highly recommended, despite the fact that it's a FADER Films production.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This has to be the most heavily advertised non-animated direct-to-DVD film of all time. I can't watch TV for 10 minutes without seeing an ad...

"...fucking diapers, man...DIAPERS!"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

"...fucking diapers, man...DIAPERS!"

That's my SHIT.