upright acoustic piano question...

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
i have a studio on the second floor in a duplex. i have a yamaha upright piano that i'm thinking of moving up to my studio. two questions: 1) does anyone know the approximate weight of one of these? it's going to be a bitch to get it up stairs, but i'm up for the challenge considering, 2) would a second floor of a duplex be properly reinforced to hold an upright piano? i'm not trying to have the shit crack through the roof or anything. any help, suggestions, or tips are welcomed. thanks y'all...

Comments

• someone?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Your best off going to the home page for Yamaha or doing some google. Somewhere is a detail sheet with the exact weight of you model.

I've moved a few uprights and your talking 250 minimum. Hard to say without seeing it. Could easily be a lot more.

I wouldn't worry about the floor holding it. Think about it, you could fill the room full of people and the floor will hold and that's a lot more wieght than a piano. People have waterbeads, massive stereo systems..........unless your storing 10 pianos I would worry about it at all.

• Your best off going to the home page for Yamaha or doing some google. Somewhere is a detail sheet with the exact weight of you model.

I've moved a few uprights and your talking 250 minimum. Hard to say without seeing it. Could easily be a lot more.

I wouldn't worry about the floor holding it. Think about it, you could fill the room full of people and the floor will hold and that's a lot more wieght than a piano. People have waterbeads, massive stereo systems..........unless your storing 10 pianos I would worry about it at all.
    thanks