I'm ready to tear someone's head off.

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I'm right there with you, Cos.

Mark Williams is a racist F*ck (Windows Media)

Mark Williams is a racist F*ck (Quick Time)

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's visit to Reliant Park this morning offered him a glimpse of what it's like to be living in shelter.

While on the tour with top administration officials from Washington, including U.S. Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao and U.S. Treasury Secretary John W. Snow, DeLay stopped to chat with three young boys resting on cots.

The congressman likened their stay to being at camp and asked, "Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?"[/b]

They nodded yes, but looked perplexed.

With a group of reporters and press officers in tow, DeLay then moved on, chatting with others, including a local IRS representative. He then visited with job recruiters set up in Reliant Park.

Earlier DeLay spoke with volunteers and thanked them for their service.

"You are becoming famous all over this country and even the world," he said, adding that he's often approached by lawmakers commending Houston's response to the disaster.

Two shaky House incumbents, Democrat Melancon and Republican Boustany, hope response to hurricane rallies voters behind them. House Republican campaign chief Reynolds touts chance to market conservative social-policy solutions; Rep. Baker of Baton Rouge is overheard telling lobbyists: "We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn???t do it, but God did."[/b]

Baker explains later he didn???t intend flippancy but has long wanted to improve low-income housing.

• somebody should feed them to hungry tigers.

• who the hell is Mark Williams anyways? Do yall Sacramento dudes actually listen to this fucker?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I want to fucking scream.

Last night I sent Cosmo a drunken PM about all this shit.

I went out with a friend of mine and much of the night was spent talking about all this. By the time I got home I was fucking furious.

Now, this morning I woke up and felt fine, not mad, and it worried me.

If just hours before I was ready to leave my family and go protest or do whatever it took to make a change, and now I'm fine - what's the average person gonna be like?

Apathetic.

"Oh yeah, the flood? Didn't that happen like a month ago?"

All it took was reading a couple articles and now I'm ready to fucking explode again.

STAY ANGRY.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I want to crack this dudes fucking face open[/b]

This guy makes Bill O'Riely look like Mother Theresa

You know, this whole thing has ripped open the topic of race in this country and all these closet racists are having a free for all with it.

Good morning everyone!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    what's the average person gonna be like?

Apathetic.
    "Oh yeah, the flood? Didn't that happen like a month ago?"

thank you for that clip.

my perspective on this whole thing is that both sides made knee-jerk reactions.

one side with completely justified reasons for being angry.

but is race a factor in all this? yes.

it's sad knowing that people with big mouths spew nothing but stupid-ass remarks.

what i got from Mark Williams was "THESE THOUSANDS OF POOR BLACK FOLKS DESERVE ALL THIS! YOU THINK THAT THE GOVERNMENT (WHITE FOLKS) ARE GONNA PROVIDE EMERGENCY RELIEF TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T LISTEN TO US? FURTHERMORE, THESE DESPICABLE MASSES OF PEOPLE ARE LOOTING AND SAYING THE PRESIDENT DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB HANDLING THIS SITUATION. IT'S NOT OUR FAULT."

i could imagine the complete opposite coming from people like this, if only a white area were hit.

Good morning!

• I'm ready to tear someone's head off.

W O W

• Options
    Canadians praised for swift response

BATON ROUGE, La.???Louisiana officials are both grateful and incensed that a Vancouver search-and-rescue team reached a drowned New Orleans parish five days before the American army.

A squad from Vancouver's USAR ??? Urban Search And Rescue ??? chartered a plane and arrived in Louisiana on Aug. 31. They reached St. Bernard Parish, 30 kilometres east of downtown New Orleans, early last Friday. In five long days there, they rescued 119 people.

"Fabulous, fabulous guys," said Louisiana state Senator Walter Boasso. "They started rolling with us and got in boats to save people. We've got Canadian flags flying everywhere."

The 45 Canadians, led by Tim Armstrong and Brian Inglis, beat both the U.S. army and the Federal Emergency Management Agency to the parish, where floodwaters are still more than two metres deep in places.

The district of 68,000 people was ignored by U.S. authorities, who scrambled to get aid to New Orleans proper, Boasso said, forcing residents to mount their own rescue efforts when Hurricane Katrina hit Aug. 29.

"If you can get a Canadian team here in four days, U.S. teams should be here faster than that," said St. Bernard Fire Chief Thomas Stone, who asked the Canadians to hoist a Maple Leaf flag over one of his flooded fire halls.

Star wire services

No hotlinking, I guess. Right click and "save target as" or scroll down.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Taken from the Montreal Gazette -

Upset by the images of pain & suffering telecast daily fro Louisiana and Mississippi, four friends have decided to organize their own self -financed relief effort to help victims of hirricane Katrina. Montrealers Davis Wylie, Jim Collette, Craig Shaw & Mike Troli leave for Louisiana today, driving a three-truck convoy loaded with food supplies and clothes. With the help of local radio stations, the 4 managed to collect more thaan 5,000 containers of bottled water, 4,000 cans of food and 1,400 blankets last week.

Canadians praised for swift response

BATON ROUGE, La.???Louisiana officials are both grateful and incensed that a Vancouver search-and-rescue team reached a drowned New Orleans parish five days before the American army.

A squad from Vancouver's USAR ??? Urban Search And Rescue ??? chartered a plane and arrived in Louisiana on Aug. 31. They reached St. Bernard Parish, 30 kilometres east of downtown New Orleans, early last Friday. In five long days there, they rescued 119 people.

"Fabulous, fabulous guys," said Louisiana state Senator Walter Boasso. "They started rolling with us and got in boats to save people. We've got Canadian flags flying everywhere."

The 45 Canadians, led by Tim Armstrong and Brian Inglis, beat both the U.S. army and the Federal Emergency Management Agency to the parish, where floodwaters are still more than two metres deep in places.

The district of 68,000 people was ignored by U.S. authorities, who scrambled to get aid to New Orleans proper, Boasso said, forcing residents to mount their own rescue efforts when Hurricane Katrina hit Aug. 29.

"If you can get a Canadian team here in four days, U.S. teams should be here faster than that," said St. Bernard Fire Chief Thomas Stone, who asked the Canadians to hoist a Maple Leaf flag over one of his flooded fire halls.

Star wire services

the few canadians i've known were very aware and caring people. Thanks for that. That is some reassuring news.

• Options
    Just wanted some light among the darkness,

K.

word.

• What's that punk song, about wanting to kick in some heads tonight? I wouldn't do that, but damn.

I've been out all day busting real world moves and now I'm back home and still mad as hell.

Thanks for the story about those awesome Canucks. I like hearing about people who couldn't care less about bureaucracy during crisis, instead focusing their energy on humanitarian efforts.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    There's a lot of shit going down.

That's my word.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This country is completely fractured.

• What's that punk song, about wanting to kick in some heads tonight? I wouldn't do that, but damn.

IM SO FUCKING FULL OF HATE I JUST WANNA DECAPITATE

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Williams: The only role race plays in this is that the American black population has been the prototype for an entire race of people being, being turned into a group of dependents of the government

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Williams: The only role race plays in this is that the American black population has been the prototype for an entire race of people being, being turned into a group of dependents of the government

Yo, I thought you knew?

this feeling isn't going away.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Check PM in a minute.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Hi Cos. Hi Day.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey Ayres.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Hey Ayres.

I'm leaving the house again right now to try and catch my friend Dave as he gets off work to do an interview with him. Dave was stuck in New Oleans until three days ago and has graciously offered to give me a detailed first-hand account of what went on down there. If it happens, I will definitely post it here soon.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I think after the heatrock relief effort, we will have to regroup and see what the next few steps of action will be... what's up with the Mayor Nager thing though?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ok I finally watched this...

do people think about the reprecussions before they speak? I think these past few weeks have proven the answer is a resounding no.