Soul-Jazz Book...any ?

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I read in one liner notes of a cd reissue of a rusty bryant album that that b. porter (of "prestige" fame) was workin on a book abt soul-jazz...........I wonder if exist any book abt this topic, yet.......

Comments

• I read in one liner notes of a cd reissue of a rusty bryant album that that b. porter (of "prestige" fame) was workin on a book abt soul-jazz...........

I wonder if exist any book abt this topic, yet.......

if anybody's gonna write a book about soul-jazz, it may as well be bob porter. he was the only jazz critic who took that stuff seriously back in the sixties, and had a recurring column (called "soul soundings") in down beat magazine where he reviewed soulish jazz records.

• I read in one liner notes of a cd reissue of a rusty bryant album that that b. porter (of "prestige" fame) was workin on a book abt soul-jazz...........

I wonder if exist any book abt this topic, yet.......

if anybody's gonna write a book about soul-jazz, it may as well be bob porter. he was the only jazz critic who took that stuff seriously back in the sixties, and had a recurring column (called "soul soundings") in down beat magazine where he reviewed soulish jazz records.

ohh.. do you know where I can find more abt him ? any web site ?