Sweendoglongisle...

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Matt,My thoughts are with you and your family today.-Tom

Comments

• it's the first thing i thought of when i woke up this morning. and then i got a spam mail from some dickhead saying "happy september 11th"

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Matt,

My thoughts are with you and your family today.

-Tom

That was the first thing I thought of this morning.

I wish I knew what more to say.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

And thank you for everything you've done to help the Katrina survivors. I think you come from a family of heroes.

• Matt,

My thoughts have been with you for about two weeks now. You've set quite an example, Heatrock-wise, but the examples you set go far beyond that. You're one of the dopest, hands-down.

Peace,
    Ross

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    ross the wordsmith.
    i fully agree.

sween, you're the holmes.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    one of the dopest, hands-down.

so true

• Word up, Sween... I been so caught up in the 1st day of the football season that I forgot this was 9/11. You know how I feel, my man. As always, peace to you and the family.

• one of the dopest, hands-down.

so true

Our thoughts are with you, man...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Sween already know I'm thinkin bout him and his, but I need to pop in here and cosign like a muh. dude is dude.

• Options
    Thanks guys. For some reason this weekend has been harder than the past couple of years anniversary-wise, i don't know why exactly but I had a pretty rough go of things the past couple of days. Things'll get better someday I'm sure, I mean jeez it's been 4 years already. Like I've said before on here, I really hope none of you ever has to deal with something like this, it doesn't get any easier and it really tears people the hell up.

Thanks for the thoughts, you're some nice people.

Here's Brian at our block party, August 2001, flossing the Barbarino chesthair.

And this is the tattoo I got on my ribs.

Peace, take care.

-Sween

• Matt,

-Tony

• Hats off to you and your amazing family, Sween. You are the kind of Americans that make me proud to be one. Much love, may peace be with you and yours on this day.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Hats off to you and your amazing family, Sween. You are the kind of Americans that make me proud to be one. Much love, may peace be with you and yours on this day.

Definitely.

And your bigheartedness and generosity have been an inspiration to all of us this past week.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I don't want to hijack. I do want to say, one reason the search and rescue went as well as it did at ground zero, is because of Sween's dad and his friends who said "go to hell" to any bueracrat or politician who came in and tried to "manage" the operation.

Dan

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    man, i never knew you lost someone on 9/11, sween. my heart and thoughts go out to you and your family. stay strong, i can tell you're a really strong person, and you've been doing wonderful things for the people in New Orleans. i really look up to you as a person even though i dont know you at all.