• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I like their good music.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I like their RADIO music.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i agree completely...

the remix of this is sooo amazing.

I just think the first album is more "street".
    Dony get me wrong Nations is arguably
    the best hiphop album of all time,
    but I feel the political agendas were blended w/ braggadocious lyrics
    on the first joint.

TIMEBOMB

• Options
    I agree, but I'm 34.

K.

I agree, but I'm 34.

K.

So that means you copped the first Lp then copped the 2nd?
    Nations wasn't your baptism.

• Options
    Bought it when it came out - Sucker MC's was my first record.

K.

Bought it when it came out

I remember alot of pepole not seein' PE off their first joint. Then after Nations dropped they were jockin hard. X tshirts and all.
    I thought to myself.........he was sayin' that stuff from the giddyup.
    Whatever.........

The Bomb Squad did expand their soundscape compared to the first.

• Options
    YEah they did, but also lost some of the gritty sound that made the first o appealing (to me and you at least).

K.

• I agree, but I'm 34.

K.

So that means you copped the first Lp then copped the 2nd?
    Nations wasn't your baptism.
    I copped the first and joined the fanclub. Anyone else get the 4 page photostatted effort of the Def Jam tour?? One page was PE signing off with their tags.

Nation of Millions was the first that resonated with the hac-sac-set.

But the sampling on Yo! is so

Nation of Millions was the first that resonated with EVERYBODY[/b]

• Nation of Millions was the first that resonated with EVERYBODY[/b]

Touche. Vogue On.

• i agree completely...

the remix of this is sooo amazing.

I have that 7!

And yes, eet ees amizing.

• I agree, but I'm 34. 33

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Bought "Public Enemy No.1" before the "Bumrush.." album came out. But I'm over 34.

(no that's not me and )

• Options
    Long Island stand up.

Oh yeah and another thing...................

Rebel Without A Pause IMO is an extention of the first album.
    Even though it appeared on Nations.

• It Takes A Nations of Millions To Hold Us Back is PE's masterpiece and better than most groups entire careers. Thats a stone cold fact. You can prefer what you want though. It doesnt change reality.

It Takes A Nations of Millions To Hold Us Back is PE's masterpiece and better than most groups entire careers. Thats a stone cold fact. You can prefer what you want though. It doesnt change reality.

It Takes A Nations of Millions To Hold Us Back is PE's masterpiece and better than most groups entire careers. Thats a stone cold fact. You can prefer what you want though. It doesnt change reality.

• Options
    Dude needs to up his blaster game

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I like their RADIO music.

PE wasn't on the radio out here, blud. It was all word of mouth finding out about them. Musically Nations is so much more interesting to me. And that makes all the difference. BTW. Nations had crazy street appeal as I am sure you are aware. Just because whitey gives a hoot don't make that record anything less than it is: a stone cold riot. Glad you are still loving Chuck after all these years. I really think he is one the most intersting thinkers around. Did he ever do that Air AMerica thing? I wanted to hear that.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I agree, but I'm 34. 33 35

oh, and they played PE on the radio here (circa Nations - Fear), but only on the AM R&B station, and only the instro versions!

I think Rap City used to do that too, right? Show videos for instros of PE songs?

• I remember early 90s WZAK in Cleveland played out their whole album on the radio. How they pulled that one I'll never know, because I'm pretty sure that's usually written into their contract or whatever. They were local still then though... I forget which album it was.

Ramble like Dick Goddard

Nations had crazy street appeal as I am sure you are aware. Just because whitey gives a hoot don't make that record anything less than it is: a stone cold riot.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Corey Feldman is so REAL!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Back in PA (even in podunk York County) PE used to get mad play on York College's HipHop Connection show and Middletown's high school radio. It was mix of FOABP and Millions tracks though.