Hits from the Chong

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
sup, yesterday night caught "a/k/a Tommy Chong" documentary debut at the Toronto film festival. it was great, i pretty much documented before, after and during his 9 month prison sentence for conspiring to sell paraphenila. pretty alarming stuff, as the time period was around 9/11 stuff and the sent massive swat teams/helicopters to shutdown Chong who had a clean business of making bongs and selling them, it was ridiculous, they were acting like he was an international threat...they freakn wasted like 12 million dollars on resources to "bust" Chong, when they could have just as easily asked him about it, it was done in show to make him an "example".anyhow don't want to reveal all of it, it was very well done and suggest you see it whenever its released. anyhow it was the end of the movie and i was about to get up when they announc Chong was in the audience! he came to the front and started talking about his prison experiences. "he is very well spoken" but seriously i really hate listening to pot heads talk, but dude is a great speaker and really cool and down to earth. talked to him for a bit, really cool dude, then at the afterparty where people were circling joints, good times. be sure to watch it when u can.

Comments

• "he is very well spoken" but seriously i really hate listening to pot heads talk,

then what are you doing on soulstrut?

• why wouldnt Tommy Chong be articulate? I would think one could see from his being a comedy writer for 30+ years, that he would be intellegent...if a person is intellegent, chances are he/she will be articulate...do people actually think he is a moron or some shit?...sometimes I dont understand people, then again I am a pothead.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i didnt mean to stereotype, though thats what i did, but i meant i guess i just projected his character onto what he was in real life, which he was far above...a lot of entertainers are just on a role tip and this reminded me of that.

another cool thing i found out was that he was in a freakn motown band!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    a lot of entertainers are just on a roll tip

another cool thing i found out was that he was in a freakn motown band!

Not just any Motown band - he played guitar in the Vancovers, which is dope! He replaced Hendrix in the group, IIRC, which is even crazier...check him out: