My mixer shocks me

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I just bought a 2nd hand mixer but after it has been on for a while I get static shocks when I touch the metal base or face plate, anyone know how to fix this? Can I earth the body of the mixer to the ground screw? Any ideas?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I just bought a 2nd hand mixer but after it has been on for a while I get static shocks when I touch the metal base or face plate, anyone know how to fix this? Can I earth the body of the mixer to the ground screw? Any ideas?

Wear rubber boots when you are on the 1s and 2s. LOL!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    How does it plug in? Is it possable the ground is broke on the power chord?

This really shouldn't happen so you should figure out exactly what it is and fix it right instead of hot wireing it. I don't think grounding it to it self is really the way to do it.

2nd question.....is your apartment covering in thick shag carpet that you walk around on in argile socks? Problem solved.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Is it possable the ground is broke on the power chord?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Is it possable the ground is broke on the power chord?

Dude! 2 fingers and I'll play every Ratt song ever made!

• reskresk 391 Posts
    years ago when i was using a vestax 06pro, it did the same. i noticed it would happen when i was not wearing shoes (i had a concrete floor)

shit hasnt happened since i up graded to a rane ttm 56, but i havent had concrete floors in like 3 years now

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    How does it plug in? Is it possable the ground is broke on the power chord?

This really shouldn't happen so you should figure out exactly what it is and fix it right instead of hot wireing it. I don't think grounding it to it self is really the way to do it.

2nd question.....is your apartment covering in thick shag carpet that you walk around on in argile socks? Problem solved.
    The power adapter & cord all seem ok. I have only used it so far when I have been wearing slippers with plastic soles on carpet. Maybe I will try different shoes & see what happens. Pretty funny problem though, like getting trampoline shocks everytime I touch it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    years ago when i was using a vestax 06pro, it did the same. i noticed it would happen when i was not wearing shoes (i had a concrete floor)

shit hasnt happened since i up graded to a rane ttm 56, but i havent had concrete floors in like 3 years now
    Sounds like a similar problem, mine is Vestax too.

• Options
    My mixer shocks me

Mine gives me the rusty trombone.

• My mixer shocks me

Mine gives me the rusty trombone.

there has been some debate on what the "Rusty Trombone" is...I heard it was a rim job with a reach around...but someone told me that wasnt it...