"george bush hates n*ggas" -- AM I TRIPPIN?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
ok I'm watching the hurricane benefit (randy newman doing "louisiana 1927" = tears), but I'm mostly listening with my back to the tv, so I wasn't really watching.so I heard someone say, really fast, "george bush hates n*ggas" and I whipped around and saw chris rock starting his little interlude.did anyone else hear this?

Comments

• He was starting back to his routine and said "George Bush hates Midgets"...

It was said in jest.

~Crates

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    He was starting back to his routine and said "George Bush hates Midgets"...

It was said in jest.

~Crates

fuck...I seriously had a vision of Chris Rock being the first one to make light of Kanye's words. Did this really happen? if so that sucks.

It was said in jest.

~Crates

fuck...I seriously had a vision of Chris Rock being the first one to make light of Kanye's words. Did this really happen? if so that sucks.

It really happened. My wife and i were watching and news/web already circulating it.

~Crates

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

It was said in jest.

~Crates

Why? Can't you agree with someone and still amke a joke about it? I bet Chris is glad Kanye spoke out, but Chris's job is to make jokes and Kanye is a hot topic right now.

It was said in jest.

~Crates

Why? Can't you agree with someone and still amke a joke about it? I bet Chris is glad Kanye spoke out, but Chris's job is to make jokes and Kanye is a hot topic right now.

So soon after is going to soften the blow and the impact the words Kanye said... It just makes it easier to brush off...

It was said in jest.

~Crates

So soon after is going to soften the blow and the impact the words Kanye said... It just makes it easier to brush off...

EXACTLY...this soon it just trivializes the whole thing.

The position that Chris Rock is in, he has the choice to make a joke going in a few directions, He could have EASILY said something along the lines of "George Bush doesn't care about black people? Ni**a WE ALREADY KNEW THAT!" but instead he made light of it to the point where the comment could have applied to any group of people and it seems to serve the purpose of making Kanye sound ridiculous.

It was said in jest.

~Crates

EXACTLY...this soon it just trivializes the whole thing.

The position that Chris Rock is in, he has the choice to make a joke going in a few directions, He could have EASILY said something along the lines of "George Bush doesn't care about black people? Ni**a WE ALREADY KNEW THAT!" but instead he made light of it to the point where the comment could have applied to any group of people and it seems to serve the purpose of making Kanye sound ridiculous.

HA HA HA!!!!!!! Yes, your version would have been much better!!!!!

I guess I'm just not opposed to joking about things as long as you don't get too mean about it. Plus, who the heck is going to go "oh Chris Rock made a joke....Kanye is an idiot and I hate him." People are already rallying on both sides of Kanye so a little friendly joke can't hurt. Letterman has been taking the government to town everynight, and it's been cracking me up. So I feel like I have to let the jokes go the other way as well.

Still.......your version is quite funny.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

It also helps to immortalize Kanye's words.

It also helps to immortalize Kanye's words.

That's what I'm sayin'. It's only been a few days and already their is a rap song with the title. Chirs jokes about it and he is one (maybe THE) most on point topical no holds barred comedian of our times. I think Kayne's has made a very memorable momment in popular culture and it will stick even if some dissmiss it. Plus, any anti-kanyeism is because of the statment, not the jokes about it.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Chris Rock is pissing me off..

now its 'George Bush hates Albinos' not funny at all...

what is he trying to accomplish?

To me its the same as making a tasteless joke about the disaster itself....

He just shit on everything accomplished with Kanye's words just to make a few folks laugh...amazing how we always do that to ourselves

Fuck him...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Plus, who the heck is going to go "oh Chris Rock made a joke....Kanye is an idiot and I hate him."

Maybe no one will say that specifically, but i guarantee someone's already used the "Well Chris Rock doesn't agree with Kanye, and he's Black" rationale for ignoring the fact that Kanye was 100% correct and dead-on with his assessment. And as Daze has pointed out, reducing the impact of a powerful wake up call to white America is not a good look right now.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I heard Rush Limbaugh misprounounced NOLA's mayor Nagin's name "nay-ger".

Chew on that.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Chew on that.

Freudian slip, perhaps?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Chris Rock is pissing me off..

now its 'George Bush hates Albinos' not funny at all...

what is he trying to accomplish?

To me its the same as making a tasteless joke about the disaster itself....

He just shit on everything accomplished with Kanye's words just to make a few folks laugh...amazing how we always do that to ourselves

Fuck him...

exactly what I was saying. it's just fuckin sad...he could have made a joke AGREEING with Kanye and accomplished SO much more.

It started with Chris Tucker looking like a fuckin deer in headlights...I was hoping he would at least laugh...now this, sad.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Chew on that.

So THAT'S who said it? Not surprising in the least bit.
    They need to send a rocket to the sun filled with all the earth's garbage and strap Bill O'Riely, Rush, the entire Bush cabinet, and a host of other far right nutcases to the roof.

btw - here's the audio:

http://www.tsegadinka.com/katrina/nager.mp3

You can thank Asprin for the above link - dude is creating a file on all this bullshit.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    That didn't even sound like an accident. I wouldn't put it past Rush to pull a move like that.

• That didn't even sound like an accident. I wouldn't put it past Rush to pull a move like that.

no slip, that's his attempt at hunor
    i'm sure all the dittos had a good snicker
    what a tool

• I wasn't thinkin the Chris Rock thing was a big deal... til I opened up AOL today, and he's there on the front page..with a caption like "Funny Man goes off script, and gives everybody a chuckle". BUNK

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah stern did a good bit the other day talking about that tape. thinks its the conservatives trying to out conserve each other.