Is Anyone Collecting...

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
All the sound, video, and just traight up disgraceful bullshit that is going on surrounding the disaster? I mean at leat for now just storing it at one source? Does anyone here have their own server they run that can start archiving this stuff? I think it would be a positive move to get it archived for use down the road... you know as the media/those in power try to refocus the american public's view on... you know the problems with Trial Laweyers or some bullshit like that?

Comments

• That's what I am talking about...

Can we start a thread for collecting links (maybe even this one) so we can start the DLing/archiving?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• I for one am very curious about the accuracy about certain "reports" and "facts".
    Such as the one claiming that there were 14 homicides in the Astrodome. Is that really true,if so how do we know for sure?I think having all the information in one place is a great idea.But how can we confirm whether the information being sent is accurate?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    a few things I've kept

http://www.tsegadinka.com/katrina/

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Meet-the-Press-Broussard.mov

Jefferson Parish President Aaron Broussard as he was interviewed by Tim Russert on Meet the Press

keep watching till the end... dude breaks down

• I for one am very curious about the accuracy about certain "reports" and "facts".
    Such as the one claiming that there were 14 homicides in the Astrodome. Is that really true,if so how do we know for sure?I think having all the information in one place is a great idea.But how can we confirm whether the information being sent is accurate?

Well i think by consolidating the information you can go through it easier and determine what is real vs. what is embellished.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

not one of those links works

i can't figure out how to post a direct link...

this is from C-SPAN video.

Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) on Hurricane Katrina Relief

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) speaks on the Senater floor about Hurricane Katrina Relief.

9/8/2005: WASHINGTON, DC: 25 min.

she also told CBS that she was going to punch the President.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

not one of those links works

They messed up linking the files or moving things around on their server. If you look at the URL though you will notice that /articles/new_orleans[/b] appears twice and taking it out corrects the link.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

she also told CBS that she was going to punch the President.

I hope she does it on camera.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    You know, I could really use some positive clips, audio or video. I'd like to see/hear messages of strength, brotherhood, hope and the like.

Actually, I been collecting this shit in my unconscious for the past 5 fucking miserable years???chain smoking, drinking and going off the hook on a dime.

Kinda glad the masses are feeling it now.

IT,,,being the utter incompetence of this administration

• motherfuckin cops... I just read that whole letter. utterly depressed now.

You know, I could really use some positive clips, audio or video. I'd like to see/hear messages of strength, brotherhood, hope and the like.

here's one...

(but i can't find the link--advance google it, 2009)

it's the New president addressing the Nation.