For Real... I'm a true American

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
And as an American I want to defend my country against tyrants and evildoers. For real I would give my life for my country. Yahmsaying? I'm ready to start but we need some real strong dudes. Where's our dudes? Motherfuckers all wrapped up in "Get money" and shit.I'm not drunk.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fuck it, fall back if you need to.

Never scared pop the trunk status.

• And as an American I want to defend my country against tyrants and evildoers. For real I would give my life for my country. Yahmsaying?

I'm ready to start but we need some real strong dudes. Where's our dudes? Motherfuckers all wrapped up in "Get money" and shit.

I'm not drunk.

I'm witcha Cosmo, but I think we'll need about 10,000 pairs of those guys before enough people in this country start paying attention...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    No we don't, Larry. We need for all of us to start seeing the reflection of these guys in ourselves. That and we need some follow through.

An avalance begins with a few pebbles.

• And as sentient human being[/b] I want to defend my planet[/b] against tyrants and evildoers. For real I would give my life for my planet[/b]. Yahmsaying?

I'm ready to start but we need some real strong dudes. Where's our dudes? Motherfuckers all wrapped up in "Get AirMax 95s[/b]" and shit.

I'm not stoned.

• No we don't, Larry. We need for all of us to start seeing the reflection of these guys in ourselves. That and we need some follow through.

An avalance begins with a few pebbles.

Well said[/b]. I stand corrected.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Okay, great.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shit ain't ever gonna change. Let's go back to sleep.

• Shit ain't ever gonna change. Let's go back to sleep.

I wasn't being a wise guy. I agree with what you said. Maybe we already started a little avalanche here?

• Shit ain't ever gonna change. Let's go back to sleep.
    I think, no I know, the change is gonna be brought from our youth. We gotta enlighten them before they fall a victim...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I was being sarcastic, wrote that before you replied.

I don't expect replies on this thread. I don't think people are ready. I just would like for people to start thinking a little more.

These are trying times, and what does it take to be a patriot?

• These are trying times, and what does it take to be a patriot?
    A lot of people got the true meaning of that word (patriot) twisted. Thinking putting an American flag and a yellow ribbon on their bumper does not equate to being a patriot.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

A lot of people got the true meaning of that word (patriot) twisted. Thinking putting an American flag and a yellow ribbon on their bumper does not equate to being a patriot.

Taking a stand does.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Here's MY yellow ribbon:

• Here's MY yellow ribbon:

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I'm a naturalized American of 3 years...don't know what that means. I'm ready for change though, too many stains on this shirt. Time for a new crisp one. should I rip it off or unbutton it one by one and throw it in the hamper.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• Here's MY yellow ribbon:

cosign... Its on its way, just rumbling beneath the surface... patience.

• These are trying times, and what does it take to be a patriot?

The number one disease afflicting the American mind...

A few weeks ago we were out driving and saw a jeep with a bumber sticker along the lines of 'My bumper sticker is better that your little magnetic piece of fascist groupthink'. We honked and gave the guy the thumbs up.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    my whole thing is this, and i didn't want to bring it up in the "we raised lots of money" thread, but shit is real fucked up in Mississippi and we shouldn't get into patting ourselves on the back too much just yet. my Grandmother, who just got her lights back on yesterday, said that school has started in Jackson and there are thousands of kids from the coast who are going to school there (3-4 hours from home) and a lot of them don't even know where their parents are. we really need to keep helping as much as we can. stay angry.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Wanna go to TTLab?

• When I was 16 I went to a peace conference in The Hague. It was a real eye opener for me there were 10,000 people there from different NGO's and just regular people who dropped everything to come to the conference. I learned about atrocities in almost every corner of the world. I met a man that survived Nagasaki and he told me how his grandmother dragged herself home from the market, her legs completely charred and falling off, just to make sure the family was ok. It was overwhelming how much I learned all in the span of 9 days. I see the same type of outrage and understanding brewing in people now because of Katrina. Its motivated Soul Strut to raise over $20,000, and its even got the media and the politicians talking. They media and politicians will forget about all of this as soon as the American people forget. The Hague conference woke up everyone who attended, but a lot of that energy faded when we got home. After a while it all gets overwhelming. There is so much to be done, and so many causes worth fighting for. I love seeing people get fired up about this, because hopefully a few of the people that are fired up now will stay fired up enough to energize a movement. If that???s what you want you need to push people so they don???t get lazy. I got lazy bitter and disaffected for a while, but eventually I realized that I needed to focus my energy. Find something in your community and put all of your energy into it. The Kensington welfare rights union is a great example of that in your area Cosmo. They don???t fuck around. If you want in on some revolutionary action type shit check them out. I hope this shit doesn???t sound preachy. I understand how people are feeling right now, and just wanted to share how I was able to deal with it when I first had the same feelings.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    And YES. STAY ANGRY.

STAY READY.

• Ready.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cousin Larry, I've been active with the KWRU for several years now.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I don't expect replies on this thread. I don't think people are ready. I just would like for people to start thinking a little more.

you are right, but you know what? I like my comfy lifestyle. I like getting pizza delivered when I am drunk. I like buyin my kid shit he dont need. I like flipping the channels. I like wasting food and water. I like being a lazy american.

Why would I want to risk this shit? why do more than I have to?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

you are right, but you know what? I like my comfy lifestyle. I like getting pizza delivered when I am drunk. I like buyin my kid shit he dont need. I like flipping the channels. I like wasting food and water. I like being a lazy american.

I like all that shit too, man.

• Cousin Larry, I've been active with the KWRU for several years now.

Good Shit,

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I am just saying. That is the mindset. We have all this stuff to occupy ourselves with. When people have that, they are content. No real change will come.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cousin Larry, I've been active with the KWRU for several years now.

Good Shit,

Basically family...

• Yeah I was being sarcastic, wrote that before you replied.

I am sure most of the poor in the country would like that shit too... I think everyone should ahve that and more... it will never happen with the top 2% having most of the wealth. Redistribution is one of the keys.