Summer Jump Off Joints?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Between papahood and work, I've been way out of the loop in terms of the poppin' club joints. I need to re-up at some point: what are the essentials? I don't want songs that folks won't care about in three months time (though I know it's hard to separate the fads from the new classics).This said: what 12"s are a MUST in your crates for the waning days of summer?

Comments

• Being totally disconnected from American clubs and radio, i can speak with the proper authority. You need:

* Cam'ron ft Jaheim "Something New"

most summery track i've heard in ages.

(on a related note: i just heard R. Kelly ft Snoop "Happy Summertime" and it put a smile on my face, if only for the best start of a song)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Is that Cam out on 12" now? I had an advance MP3 of it ages ago but I wasn't sure when it was actually dropping.

• Is that Cam out on 12" now? I had an advance MP3 of it ages ago but I wasn't sure when it was actually dropping.

I think it's on a Killah Kuts. The whistle song or whatever it's called by Jelz Santana is on TTLab's site- pretty good. Avoid Rhianna's "pon de replay" at all costs!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Is that Cam out on 12" now? I had an advance MP3 of it ages ago but I wasn't sure when it was actually dropping.

I think it's on a Killah Kuts. The whistle song or whatever it's called by Jelz Santana is on TTLab's site- pretty good. Avoid Rhianna's "pon de replay" at all costs!

The Juelz is REALLY popping in the club.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Isn't the Whistle Song just "Wait, The Remix"?

And Rihanna's crap? I thought that shit was blowing up from coast to coast? I'll believe ya'll though if you say so.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Isn't the Whistle Song just "Wait, The Remix"?

Kinda but you can hear what dude's saying. Plus the girls like it when dude makes the whistle sound.

• yeh everything that was mentioned above. Got most of that in. Looking for the new ghostaface with pete rock... Minstrel Show is dope even though it will get hated on here (noclubbanger)... Ebony Eyez is aight, but not sure if it has any staying power... besides that still no clear cut bangers IMO.

• * Cam'ron ft Jaheim "Something New"

most summery track i've heard in age....

Promo of this floating around most recrds spots.
    Track listing is

something new b/w girls cash cars

Found one in a dollar bin last weekend, Shop owner said "That Cameron never sells well"

Cameron!!!!

~Crates

• STAY FLYY-Y-Y-YY-Y-YY-Y-YY-YY

• Not nec. bangin in the club, but my essentials right now are:
    Juelz- Mic Check
    50 Cent f. Mobb Deep- Outta Control Remix
    Young Jeezy f. Jay-Z- Go Crazy
    Slim Thug- Love This Game
    Cam- Something New (thanks deepbrnt, that promo plays much better that the Killah Kuts)

On the club tip, David Banner- Play (which IS unabashedly the Wait remix) get's 'em wet every time.

• A couple suggestions from the STL:

-Ebony Eyez-In Ya Face/In Ya Face remix w/Trina
    -50 Cent/Mobb Deep-Outta Control remix
    -Webbie/Trina-Bad B!tch remix
    -3-6 Mafia et al.-Stay Fly
    -TI/P$C-I'm A King
    -Youngbloodz-Presidential
    -Jim Jones et al.-What You Drinkin' On
    -Juelz Santana-There It Go (The Whistle Song)
    -David Banner-Play
    -Young Jeezy/Jay-Z-Go Crazy

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Avoid Rhianna's "pon de replay" at all costs!

That track sure works in DC!

Saying

+

Jeezy + Jay - Go Crazy and that Mobb Deep/50 shit

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    And Rihanna's crap? I thought that shit was blowing up from coast to coast? I'll believe ya'll though if you say so.

I'm really appalled at how huge that song has gotten... its a testament to the dearth of jams this year... all it is is '05's Lumidee (except with a shitty beat)

I keep saying this- ANYTHING Young Jeezy and ANYTHING Bobby Valentino is whats up for the club these days... and of course whatevers new from G-Unit

• Saw Rhianna on TRL with Vanessa Minnillo and they were dancing and it was awesome Pon De Replay is super annoying but that girl is mad coaxing with the Barbados accent shit and slow moving hips seriously Vanessa wanted to take her home with her

• lil kim -lighter's UP

young jeezy/mannie fresh song

• Webbie- Give Me That/Bad Chick
    Paul Wall- Sittin Sideways
    Mike Jones- Back Then
    Bun B- Draped Up
    Slim Thug- I Ain't Heard of That
    Chamillionaire- Turn It Up

Rollin at 80 bpms

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Saw Rhianna on TRL with Vanessa Minnillo and they were dancing and it was awesome Pon De Replay is super annoying but that girl is mad coaxing with the Barbados accent shit and slow moving hips seriously Vanessa wanted to take her home with her

The girls love this track = club banger!!!

• lil kim -lighter's UP

jeah... I am feelin' this. And "Welcome To Jamrock"... I think that's possibly my favorite schitt this summer.
    Real headz tell me that G-Unit "300 Shots" is killin' everything in the skreets right now. Is this true?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    50 Cent w/ Mobb Deep (DR.DRe beat) forgot the title.maybe LOSE CONTROL.
    shit is st8 LAVA !!!!!

STAY FLYY-Y-Y-YY-Y-YY-Y-YY-YY

I MEAN FOR REAL
    JAM OF THE CENTURY

My personal faves of 05

1. Three Six Mafia: "Stay Fly"

2. Juelz Santana: "Mic Check"
    (patron asked the manager to have me turn this up when I played it last Sunday)

3. Mike Jones: "Back Then"

• how we gonna pass on the Jim Jones/Trey Songz track? I mean I know they force it a bit by talking about summer, but it looks like its slowly gaining momentum. it might make a late summer push.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Real headz tell me that G-Unit "300 Shots" is killin' everything in the skreets right now. Is this true?

i find nothing appealing about that song. i was expecting hoping for a nice retalliation to the game, but this is utterly boring. can't even touch '300 bars'

• Being totally disconnected from American clubs and radio, i can speak with the proper authority. You need:

* Cam'ron ft Jaheim "Something New"

most summery track i've heard in ages.

(on a related note: i just heard R. Kelly ft Snoop "Happy Summertime" and it put a smile on my face, if only for the best start of a song)

IMO this is weak compared to the original version by Grand Daddy I.U (I never seem to find that 12", got the video though)

• didnt realise lighers up had dropped yet.. hot

2. Juelz Santana: "Mic Check"
    (patron asked the manager to have me turn this up when I played it last Sunday)

Mic Check was an instant classic. There it Go is fine, simply a club jam with a knocking beat and little else... it sounds way more like all the recent Bay records than Wait to me though

Lighters Up makes me MAD uncomfortable...shocked to see so many on here cosigning it... it is just a rip off of "Jamrock" right? I think its so big in part because Jamrock got no play outside NYC...

• bouht to be the shake it off remix wit jayz and jeezy

The remix with Slim Thugga is the shit!!!

~Crates

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

i find nothing appealing about that song. i was expecting hoping for a nice retalliation to the game, but this is utterly boring. can't even touch '300 bars'
    i like this song, but someone please tell me what happened to P? its like him and Hav traded places, what the fuck? dude is so garbage now. i wanna like him again so bad but he spits straight doo doo. and i thought Mase was all religious and shit, spittin bout killin dudes?