Chantal Trent

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Chantal TrentAugust 31, 200510 pounds 1 ounce22 1/2 inches

Comments

• What's up everybody.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words in regards to Chantal over the past few days. Ramona was incredible in pushing for 2 1/2 hours in a very short, ramped up 6 1/2 hour labor. Nothing can prepare you for the site of your firstborn being birthed right in front of you.

It is exhilarating, terrifying and joyful having a fragile little child. Sleep is OK. I always wake up very, very early anyway so it is not a roust having her here in the bed with us. It is a nice squeeking sound. Little babies don't scare me much. Basically, were blessed and that's it. Chantal is rad.

The profound aspect of knowing that my daughter was being born as thousands were suffering and dying in the streets of New Orleans was a confusing and difficult thing.

I want to express my total admiration for Bambouche, Guzzo and all of soulstrut in this heatrock exchange. By the first day of the hurricane Ramona and I had already donated hundreds of dollars to Habitat for Humanity ( our favorite charity by far in times like these ) so forgive my lack of participation in the soulstrut venture. Truth is I have had no time or motivation to post anyway.

The depressing aspect of rants associated the hurricane I have avoided. We have turned off the TV, radio and soulstrut since Chantal was born. When I get some more money together after this auction we will donate again and we are seriously thinking about donating a percentage from our October auction to Habitat for Humanity as well. Seeing you guys give up your records was about the raddest thing that has ever happened on this site. Do what you can do.

My prayers to Aliet and congrats to Jinx.

For those of you who cringe at dairy-like personal threads that have nothing to do with breaks please forgive the nature of this post.

God Bless,

Anthony

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    God bless you, man. And her and your whole family.

Lots of love dude. I was depressed like 2 minutes ago but not now. Word.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Congrats to you and Ramona AP!

• YES!!!!

Congratulations, Anthony!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Congrats to you and Ramona, Anthony! Chantal has a cute sleepy face to match such a pretty name.

Best,
    M

• chrischris 287 Posts
    congrats.

10 pounds, 1 ounce is huge!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Seriously, you just raised all of our spirits with this.

Congratulations

• Congrats my friend.

I hope your lady is doing good as well (10+ pounds is a big baby! )

and I like the name. Good choice.

Well wishes and I hope you enjoy your new addition to the fam.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    mucho props pops

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    10 lbs is all grown and sexy. Congratulations. BTW girls are rad. Here's what you to look forward to. Kathe (pronounced kay-TUH) Jean Blumklotz age 19 months.

• AWESOME! congrats. shes a cutie. peace, stein..

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Congratulations Anthony!
    She's beautiful.
    Chantal is a real nice name, that's my moms name.
    1luv

• Many congratulations - it's just about the most fantastic thing that happens in life. Got two little ones myself and reading this takes me right back to when they were born. Chantal - beautiful name. 10lbs 1oz - all credit to Mrs AP! Corny perhaps but in the midst of all this tragedy new life is about the strongest symbol of hope you could ask for. Great to read your post - set me up for the day.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    CONGRATS AP,

All the best to you and yours. Enjoy every minute of it.

Billy/DOR

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Congratulations man!
    You've got a beautiful daughter there. doesn't get much better than that.

all the best to you and your fam

• Beautiful baby, AP! Congrats to you and Ramona.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    congratulations man...she's a beauty.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    congrats.

10 pounds, 1 ounce is huge!

i knew without reading the author, who started this thread.

CONGRATS!

good to read something positive on the board.

I saw an "art of tea" this weekend and thought of your stork delivery.

oh yeah, PRETTY name.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chantal Trent
    August 31, 2005

gorgeous. congrats to you and your FAMILY.

Holler AP, that's my birthday too!!!!

• congrats

daughters rule !!!!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Congratulations!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    congrats man!!...she's beautiful

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    congratulations anthony... simply beautiful.

i like the name too!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    congrats AP! i see good music in her future...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    10 lbs is all grown and sexy. Congratulations. BTW girls are rad. Here's what you to look forward to. Kathe (pronounced kay-TUH) Jean Blumklotz age 19 months.

That should help the pics show up DrWu

• Damn! Congratulations man, it's a beautiful thing.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    AP / RT

Congrats on the Chantal blessings. I am delighted to hear that your daughter was born a healthy child (with minor chapped lips...put some cocoa butter on there would you) and Ramona has come out unscathed. It is really ironic that somehting so beautiful happens in the midst of so much ugliness. Definitely a sign of hope. Thank you for posting the pic and checking in. I'm sure you've got your hands full.

T

• congratulations anthony... simply beautiful.

• My heartfelt congratulations on a beautiful newborn! Chantal looks so peaceful!

Phil

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Awesome!