Essential New Orleans Rap?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Friends of mine out here are throwing a benefit party in hollywood this saturday. (PM me if you want an invite). But the order has come down that we will only be playing New Orleans rap. All night. And Ive been charged with gathering up a hefty bit of music. Theres alot to pick from, but I was wondering if you guys had any personal suggestions. If you also have shit on mp3 that would be lovely. My soulseek name is bsizzle. But what are some reccomendations? I wanna have everything from unlv, to mr. serv on, Magic, Mac, Other no limit or cash money releases. Cover all the bases you know?

Comments

• C-Murder Down for my Niggas
    Ice Cream Man
    Bout It Bout It
    My personal fav's from the NO.

~Crates

• New Orleans rap. All night.

If you haven't already, get on the N.O. Bounce stuff that Noz has posted at www.cocaineblunts.com. Nasty, and great party music.

My favorite N.O. rap record of the past few months has been 5th Ward Weebie's "I'm Fuckin'."

• damn dude, you dig DEEP

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    The track that proved to be the jump off (and for which Oliv*r's been assailed for from certain corners for its inclusion in his Scratch magazine article):

The Showboys 'Drag Rap' (Profile Records)

• damn dude, you dig DEEP

haha. no i just like that picture. like "whut, a NOLA party without me?!"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

damn dude, you dig DEEP

haha. no i just like that picture. like "whut, a NOLA party without me?!"

exactly. Master p is definitely a serious chunk of the playlist. I cant even front. So many high school classics. Ghetto D, Bout It Bout it, make em say ughhh (best high school basketball entrance music ever).

OH SHIT, and SERIOUS props to noz for that relief tape. So neccesary! The whole party is for the cause so it will definitely help!

Theres alot of shit that was dope and I kinda forgot about..

this shit was dope. does he have any other good ones?

this shit was also good. Hows his other one?

Also if anyone has that fiend album where a skeleton is jumping over a car and hes holding a crackpipe, Im looking for that.

I think its his first one.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    lets get a track list going, i need a NOLA mix for the bike ride to classsssses....

Master P - Make Em Say Uhhh

Juvenile - Rich Ni99az

Mr. Serv On - Snatch Them Hoez Up

Master P - Ice Cream Man

Hot Boyz - Rock Ice

Magic - Ghetto Godzilla

• I'm not sure if you're limited by format, but there's a lot of great stuff on Take Fo Records.

http://www.discogs.com/label/Take+Fo'+Records

Ther'es a vinyl sampler of "Party at the Luau" which is great ... it's got DJ Jubilee's original version of "Back that Ass Up."

New Orleans rap. All night.

If you haven't already, get on the N.O. Bounce stuff that Noz has posted at www.cocaineblunts.com. Nasty, and great party music.

My favorite N.O. rap record of the past few months has been 5th Ward Weebie's "I'm Fuckin'."

holy shit. Noz's site is dope. ive been sleeping!!!

let me plug it a couple times
    web page
    www.cocaineblunts.com
    www.cocaineblunts.com

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    New Orleans rap. All night.

holy shit. Noz's site is dope. ive been sleeping!!!

let me plug it a couple times
    web page
    www.cocaineblunts.com
    www.cocaineblunts.com

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

YOU DON'T KNOW?
    HE ON FIYA!

just put on "400 degreez" and let that shit marinate.