Fri. 9/9 ***LONG LIVE NEW ORLEANS BENEFIT SHOW***

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited September 2005 in Announcements
Here is a great way for all of us to help all those in so much need right now. Me and everyone else involved in this show are doing it for free to help by whatever means we can. Please come out or pass the word along to those who can come out. If this isn't a good enough reason to lend someone a hand I don't know what is. I hope to see you there.b.WAXPLOITATION! DJs present***LONG LIVE NEW ORLEANS***a Benefit for Victims of Hurricane Katrina5 DJs spinning the rarest, heaviest Soul, Funk & Boogaloo all nite longwith your Maestro of Ceremonies: OBATALLAHFriday, September 9, 9:30 p.m. until ???@ The Red Scoot Inn (1308 E. 4th Street???4 blocks East of I-35)$5 minimum suggested donationIce cold beer & set-ups available at 2 bars all nite long!ALSO, EARLIER IN THE EVENING: 6-8pm Special DJ set of Crescent City Souland R&B 45???s at Gene???s New Orleans Restaurant (Rosewood @ 11th St.)New Orleans???the city that brought us such soulful legends as The Meters,Eddie Bo, Lee Dorsey, Irma Thomas, Betty Harris, etc etc etc???is underwater.Gone with the floodwaters are hundreds of thousands of peoples??? homes, jobsand loved ones. WAXPLOITATION! DJs want to give something back to the citythat has given us so much???Join Little Danny, Greg Most, Dr. Rhythm, The Soul Bandit plus a SpecialMystery Guest DJ as they combine forces to bring you 5 solid hours ofORIGINAL GETDOWN SOUNDS! And, at the chime of midnite, WAXPLOITATION! DJsdig deep into their stacks of 45s to drop down A STONE SET OF NEW ORLEANSFUNK! And, on the microphone: your Maestro of Ceremonies--a man who was onthe scene then and MAKES the scene today--OBATALLAH presides over thedancefloor.PLUS, EARLIER IN THE EVENING, a special early set of rare and classic NewOrleans Soul and R&B served up with delicious New Orleans cooking at Gene???sNew Orleans Restaurant from 6-8pm. 100% Crescent City wax spun byWAXPLOITATION! DJs, plus special guests including notorious record collectorDominic Welhouse, musician Eve Monsees and others!Don???t miss your chance to GET ON DOWN to the Crescent City sounds and giveback to a city that has given America so much!***NOTE: Donations can be made at both Gene???s and at the door at Red Scoot.All donations will be given to the Red Cross??? hurricane relief fund. Checksmade out directly to the Red Cross will be accepted.