PROTOOLS SOLUTIONS (Mac Related)

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Wow, it's nice to be back to talking about normal things, such as me having computer problems.I have to uninstall my ProTools (in order to reinstall it.) I thought I knew how to do it but alas I don't.What's the way to make that happpen? Is there an UNINSTALL app that is Mac?

Comments

• Wow, it's nice to be back to talking about normal things, such as me having computer problems.

I have to uninstall my ProTools (in order to reinstall it.) I thought I knew how to do it but alas I don't.

What's the way to make that happpen? Is there an UNINSTALL app that is Mac?

mac is simple-like - drag the application to the trash, and if necessary all the related folders in both the
    Library/application support/ directory and the Users/username/library directory.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Uninstall Pro Tools by running the Pro Tools installer on your installation CD and Choose Custom > Uninstall.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dont you just delete that shit off your hard drive basically?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I am right.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I am right.

he is right

• I am right.

he is right

Your rightitude has enlightened me. I did not know this. I'd have thrown it in the trash.

Does the same thing apply for Ableton Live? I purchased that shit off the website and didn't pay the extra whatever for the actual CD.

• I am right.

he is right

Your rightitude has enlightened me. I did not know this. I'd have thrown it in the trash.

Does the same thing apply for Ableton Live? I purchased that shit off the website and didn't pay the extra whatever for the actual CD.

most mac, or cocoa native, aps are just drag to trash to uninstall. protools happens to use an uninstaller,
    as do a couple others i can think of, ms office x, virtual pc, mostly cocoa ports of native widows aps i guess.

anyway, your instinct to just drag to trash was good, it just happens you were wrong with this one, and
    besides, on the mac at least it's not like you'd fuck things up entirely by trying to drag and drop.