PRO TOOLS question (ERROR MESSAGE RELATED)

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
What happens when I open up finished music in ProTools, several days after being completed, and it won't play back, citing a DAE error.What does that mean?And what does it mean when after said error messages open, after you close ProTools, and you try to open it, ever item you open causes "ProTools to unexpectedly quit."WTF?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    restart your computer. happens all the time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Just did, now NONE of my Protools files are opening at all, every time I click on teh ProTools quits.

Fuck.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    just reinstall protools, probably a mess up with DAE. Happened to me one time and that fixed it. Could be that you installed a program that changed something small. In laymans terms, you just need to reinstall protools back over it.

...also did you update your OS and not protools? sometimes when you update your OS you need to run the appropriate update for protools as well as the old version won't work well, if at all, with the new OS.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Just did, now NONE of my Protools files are opening at all, every time I click on teh ProTools quits.

Fuck.

Maybe try uninstallin' and then reinstallin' the program; have done this in the past w/ software such as Adobe Audition...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I haven't made any changes to my OS since installing Protools.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I haven't made any changes to my OS since installing Protools.

ok just reinstall protools then...should work.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Do I have to UNINSTALL it first?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Do I have to UNINSTALL it first?

Always advisable to uninstall 1st; otherwise, when you reinstall, the process will attempt to write on top of the elements already there , which potentially could cause more problems upon executin' the program...