HEATROCK GRAND TOTAL SO FAR?

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Can we get a grand total on the auctions so far? Or how much Soulstrut has raised overall at this point. Thanks- Shing

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I tried adding up the heatrock totals earlier, but it was really just that overwhelming to do. I think we should calculate it all up once its over. Any total you come up with now will change in like 20 minutes

• Sept. 6, 2005
    11:40am EST

Contributions: 109
    Total: $9,200.14
    w/ 3:1 match: $36,800.56

i'm sure this thread will keep us updated on the totals:

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=425245&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Now is this the Heatrock totals PLUS the earlier donations? I know we had raised about $1000 or so before we started the auctions.

• Can we get a grand total on the auctions so far? Or how much Soulstrut has raised overall at this point. Thanks- Shing

I update the "Rules of the Rock" thread often. Please check there.

As of right now:

Sept. 6, 2005
    1:59pm EST

Contributions: 114 [/b]
    Total: $9,560.14 [/b]
    w/ 3:1 match: $38,240.56 [/b]

• I tried adding up the heatrock totals earlier, but it was really just that overwhelming to do. I think we should calculate it all up once its over. Any total you come up with now will change in like 20 minutes

No sense in you trying to do calculate this stuff...

I've created a spreadsheet that gets updated each time a payment is received in the paypal account (or if we get cash/check payment, which has happened a few times). Like standard accounting practice, the spreadhseet has a detail, summary, and double-check function to insure its figures.

No monies are counted in the totals that have no been submitted to the Vanguard account.

We're working on another spreadhseet to track auctions: donator (Heatrock Looser), winner, auction end date, auction end time, etc.

Hopefully we'll have that running tonight.

• I tried adding up the heatrock totals earlier, but it was really just that overwhelming to do. I think we should calculate it all up once its over. Any total you come up with now will change in like 20 minutes

I've created a spreadsheet that gets updated each time a payment is received in the paypal account (or if we get cash/check payment, which has happened a few times). Like standard accounting practice, the spreadhseet has a detail, summary, and double-check function to insure its figures.

No monies are counted in the totals that have no been submitted to the Vanguard account.

We're working on another spreadhseet to track auctions: donator (Heatrock Looser), winner, auction end date, auction end time, etc.

Hopefully we'll have that running tonight.

Great work guys!

• No sense in you trying to do calculate this stuff...

No sense in me speaking English, either.

Sticking to numbers,
    Bambouche

• Options

No sense in me speaking English, either.

Sticking to numbers,
    Bambouche

gr8 1, B

K.

• Sept. 6, 2005
    1:59pm EST

Contributions: 114 [/b]
    Total: $9,560.14 [/b]
    w/ 3:1 match: $38,240.56 [/b]

9.5 hours later...

Contributions: 156 [/b]
    Total: $15,328.14 [/b]
    w/ 3:1 match: $61,312.56 [/b]

WOW!

• $61,312.56[/b]

• nuff respect to all you guys for giving up records that are near impossible to come by like i have posted on other websites i cant imagine losing the things i love most i.e. family, friends, house, posessions...but you guys have truly pervailed...RESPECT!!

• $61,312.56[/b]

wow! this is crazy!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    y'all did the best thing ever done in the History of helping people...i wish we could raise funds for other causes from time to time. That will really change my conception of human nature, at least certain parts.

the number reached is astounding.

• iconicon 86 Posts

w/ 3:1 match: $61,312.56 [/b]

Someone explain the 3:1 match, who's that coming from?

At this rate, you guys will match Japan's contribution.

• w/ 3:1 match: $61,312.56 [/b]

Deepstank's employer offered the match.
    Please to read "Rules of the Rock" for more info.

I went to sleep for a few hours, and you dudes paid the fuck up:

Contributions: 167 [/b]
    Total: $16,617.47 [/b]
    w/ 3:1 match: $66,469.88 [/b]

• w/ 3:1 match: $61,312.56 [/b]

Deepstank's employer offered the match.
    Please to read "Rules of the Rock" for more info.

I went to sleep for a few hours, and you dudes paid the fuck up:

Contributions: 167 [/b]
    Total: $16,617.47 [/b]
    w/ 3:1 match: $66,469.88 [/b]

This is

we can do better tho!!!!!

~Crates

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    maintain the Rock
    don't stop the Rock!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    nuff respect to all you guys for giving up records that are near impossible to come by like i have posted on other websites i cant imagine losing the things i love most i.e. family, friends, house, posessions...but you guys have truly pervailed...RESPECT!!

At least this way it keeps the $$$ flowing, and the LPs in "the family" so to speak. EVERYBODY WINS.

• $61,312.56[/b]

HOLY COW.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

• Contributions: 284 [/b]
    Total: $28,709.21 [/b]

w/ 3:1 match: $80,000.00 [/b]
    w/ 1:1 match: $17,418.42 [/b]
    GRAND TOTAL: $97,418.42 [/b]

"total" = amount we raised
    total *4 = "3:1 match" (up to $80g)
    total -$20,000 *1 = "1:1 match"
    "grand total" = 3:1 + 1:1

WINNERS[/b]
    Please specify what you won (link is helpful) when sending money.
    I need to know your soulstrut alias, what rock you won, and who put it up.

Peace y'all

• Further developments...

Now this is about charity. Paypal sent another restriction notice this afternoon (just as I was nearly finished satisfying all their previous demands), informing me they were made aware that my account was being used for charity, and requested another battery of hoop-jumping. I'll need to provide several more pieces of evidence, etc. in order to get the restriction lifted.

Don't fret, we've got records of everything; every penny is accounted for and traceable, and we're confident we can answer all their questions, but this is going to add more time.

Therefore, it makes sense to move this operation to MONEY ORDER payments.[/b]

Paypal named "soulstrut.com" in their notice, so they know this is where we're running the charity from, which, in one sense, isn't bad, because everything is made public, and it's obvious by browsing these auctions that this is a trustworthy operation. The downside, if we collect money through any other paypal account, it too will likely be restricted. So... Plan B:

All winning bidders should send a money order to Asprin for the full amount of their auction. Asprin, when he receives the money order and cashes it, will post the usual "This auction is paid" notification in the thread, alerting the seller to send the item.

This obviously adds time. But it's all we can do. There's too much money and too much attention for this tiny grassroots operation to work as originally planned. I am sure everyone understands.

As a last resort, winners can send a personal check, but that will add more time (as Asprin is going to wait until the check clears before he posts that the auction has ended). If anyone sends a bad check, they will be put on blast[/b] on this forum and the costs associated with their check will be deducted from the donation money.

Again, I'd discourage sending personal checks, and the seller should have the option of choosing the second highest bidder if the winner refuses to send a money order.

Shit's all fucked up.
    This is how we're gonna fix it.
    All the money is safe.
    But it's gonna take time.
    Continue to bid with confidence.
    But let's not put anything else up.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Let me know how I can help. I know you have some serious attorneys on the case but I have a crack-squadron of my own that I might summon upon command.

$97,000 is a hell of a number though. I know everything is gonna work out well. Shit might look bleak right now to you Eric - I cannot fathom what you're being put through. However we should all be pretty proud of ourselves.