Sean Penn sons FEMA

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Dude is (of course) out there rescuing people.

It sounds like the situation is still extremely dire with tons of people still trapped down there.
He said in an 8 hour span yesterday he saw 3 non civilian boats out looking for people.

I'm shaking my head at all this. It's been 8 days now and they STILL can't get their shit together?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Am I the only one who didn't see the irony that this CNN clip starts with an ad for the Army Reserve?

Dude is (of course) out there rescuing people.

It sounds like the situation is still extremely dire with tons of people still trapped down there.
    He said in an 8 hour span yesterday he saw 3 non civilian boats out looking for people.

I'm shaking my head at all this. It's been 8 days now and they STILL can't get their shit together?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Penn ups the ante for what it means to volunteer. I respect Dion for giving one million, I respect Kanye for speaking up on national tv and I really respect Penn for going down there and getting his feet wet.

And I respect Soulstruters the most. Adam, Asprin and Bambouche to name a few.

Dan

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This is getting me so fucking irate. What is it gonna take to get these fuckers moving down there. Every second they're wasting is going to mean lives. BUSH HAS GOT TO GO.

• Penn ups the ante for what it means to volunteer.

That's dope, they're actually out there like regular folks - not just running their mouths like some celebrities do. What can I say, that's awesome.

And it's interesting that they confirmed my thoughts when I haven't heard too much mentioned about it - that water has to be ridiculously nasty. I would be afraid to get in there, there's not telling what kind of diseases and shit are in that water - dead people, dead animals, sewage, gas/oil/who knows, rotten food, whatever. Ill shit.

• I would be afraid to get in there, there's not telling what kind of diseases and shit are in that water - dead people, dead animals, sewage, gas/oil/who knows, rotten food, whatever. Ill shit.

rats, man, lots of rats

• I would be afraid to get in there, there's not telling what kind of diseases and shit are in that water - dead people, dead animals, sewage, gas/oil/who knows, rotten food, whatever. Ill shit.

rats, man, lots of rats

snakes, too. what about aligators? i'd keep my eyes open for aligators.