RL Burnside RIP Alex Chilton Missing

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Someone mentioned this in another post. The great North Mississippi blues man passed away this last week. Alex Chilton, who has been living in NOLA is still missing.Here is an email I received from a friend of theirs:Hi Dan -Thank you for the kind message.I'm actually in Memphis, TN right now and have been here and in Holly Springs/Oxford, MS for the past week.I spent Monday with Cedric Burnside and Kenny Brown (RL's guitar player and "adopted" son). I'll see them again tonite in Senatobia, MS at the Turner Family picnic. RL was in the hospital here in East Memphis (St. Francis) but we heard that although he was receiving visitors, that we usually wasn;t awake so we decided not to go see him. It was a tough decision- esp. now- but in the end was the best one i think. I'd like to remember him how i saw him last- drinking and laughing and playing music- things he hasn't done for quite some time now.I think tonite at the picnic there will be quite a tribute to him. We have many NOLA refugee friends here in Memphis with us. Everyone we know- save for Alex Chilton- are all accounted for. Most feel their houses are under water and/or are looted at this point, so they are all just deciding what to do next- and where. We have had 4 different people staying with us since that terrible day. The big concern now is just finding out about Alex since so many of my friends here are close to him. It's distressing no one has heard from him since Monday.

Comments