Options

Crafty eBay scam WATCH OUT NOW!

edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I was sent an email supposedly from eBay inline email system which goes to my yahoo account which went like this:Hello,I want to buy your item,i sent you several emails , please respond asapThanks, wjj67Since you can't respond directly to the person (as eBay got smart and starting coveting buyers emails more than they used to), you must use the respond now[/b] which leads you to this address http://ai-usere-pilase.com/SignIn.html to sign in. This was nothing out of the ordinary as I get these messages and goes through this procedure all the time, except that I was already signed in...which lead me to look carefully at the url.Be careful freinds, don't think this is ont he up and up.K in Canada.

Comments

• pretty clever. thanks for the heads up. i got burned by one of those a while back.

• Options
    I thought it was especially clever since when you tried to reply to the message in the non-yellow button fashion, it went to [email]member@ebay.com[/email] just like a legit request would do.

K.

• Here's your heads up, beyond the domain:

Subject: Message from eBay Member

eBay will send your message to bestoleum[/b]'s My Messages Inbox and email address. A copy will be sent to your email address.
    Hide my email address from bestoleum[/b].
    ----

Of course, by then it's too late.

• Very interesting K.

Thanks for letting us know!