The $HIT: Self Destruction, I Self Devine

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I highly recommend this album. The production is done by Jake One and Vitamin D. I've been hip to Vitamin since his days @ Tribal Records in Seattle. A bit dark and waaaay soulful/hard hitting. Reminds me a little of Thes ONE, though I think the beats are even more well produced than Thes.The production compliments the lyrics: Political but not preachy. REALness. I love this shit. Even more pleasing to me is the fact that there is more than one good track! It seems a lot of times modern hip hop will have one cool track, and the rest is crap. This album is consistent through and through.Check the link: (All I know is the better track) ALL I KNOW/ICE COLD

Comments

• Buy this album! I rarely promo anything I work on but I Self is my hommie and he deserves some sales. Vita and Bean gave him some slaps on this one.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I have no affiliation with dude. I just like it and want to let headz know about a recent release that doesn't suk.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i've been listening to this for the past few weeks. it hasn't left the 6 disc changer in the new car for a while.

dope.