Portable VS Airplane This may make you cry.

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Not for the weak stomached.Death to KLM Airlines!

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I think I'm going to be sick.

that's fuggin weak sauce dude.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I need to call C.S.I. Maybe they can figure out what the hell happened to my portable between Houston and Prague.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    how the fuck did THAT happen? I'd be mad as hell. I think you can charge them for that though, I'm pretty sure they have reimbursement for damaged luggage and such. Just keep asking for a manager when you call, haha.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    that really sucks...I took mine on board with me..and Iceland air made me play it before they let me on with it...I had 45s with me cause I had a DJ gig, so everyone in line at Iceland Air security got to listen to "Honky tonk Popcorn"...then dude asked in his broken Icleandic accent "you have 13th floor elevators?" shit was funny.

But sorry dude, that shit is unacceptable

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    "...then dude asked in his broken Icleandic accent "you have 13th floor elevators?"

That is awesome for so many reasons!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Not for the weak stomached.

Death to KLM Airlines!

I used to repair luggage for the airlines. That was dragged.

When I went to Spain I put the vestax inside my suitcase and put a note on it saying "this is a record player, please be gentle".

Dan

• Wait, how did you have it packaged?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    that is shiesty!

...but this is highlarious
    ...then dude asked in his broken Icleandic accent "you have 13th floor elevators?" shit was funny.

Man it was packed well within my suitcase, so to answer your next question, yes a whole lot of other shit was destroyed too adding up to about $1,000 in damages.

Go to go fax the airline now, continue jumping through the hoops.

• Good god.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    man. that sucks. hope you can recoup the damages and stick it to them.

• Not for the weak stomached.

Death to KLM Airlines!

HOW the fuck did the damage happen??!!... did they use your portable as a brake-pad when landing?.. looks like it got dragged on the tarmack for about 300ft.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    The protable was probably at the bottom of some bin after falling out of a suitcase (???) and the corner was dragged against the pavement from the loading/unloading. Did you check that thing in without packing it into anything?

Regardless, it's time to call and have him analyze the grind marks and fraying plastic edges.

"IF THE PORTABLE GOT HIT, YOU MUST NOT ACQUIT"

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    At least it was just a NUMARK not a rare portable of sorts.... It could have been worse... Then again I'm very optimistic about things....

To put a little perspective on things, this what the portable came out of.

• To put a little perspective on things, this what the portable came out of.

dude, that's just not right.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    To put a little perspective on things, this what the portable came out of.

Yo Pointman,

No offense, but that was a BAAAAAAAAD idea. You placed a little too much trust in the airline on that one, homie!!!! You would have been better off mailing it to the destination.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Damn!! Did they use your shit for landing gear?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Damn!! Did they use your shit for landing gear?

GODDAMNN. seriously, that shit is fucked up. hope you get some money for this.

• note to self: never EVER pack records or anything of value

note to others: never EVER fly al italia if you want to keep your luggage

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Dude that ish is FOUL they need to pay for the damages fo sho! The question iz did you have any records that got damaged? I could only imagine the pain if you found some rarers.... oh snapy!

Dude that ish is FOUL they need to pay for the damages fo sho! The question iz did you have any records that got damaged? I could only imagine the pain if you found some rarers.... oh snapy!

If any raers were even scratched, you would be reading on the front page of the paper, how I went on a airline murder rampage with a broken record as my only instrument of death.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WHOA

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    Pretty rank situation pointman no doubt ??? airlines can be a bitch to deal with on these sorts of things, they have all sorts of internal policies on compensation which are related to the weight of the items and the class you flew etc .. unfortunately though they place little emphasis on the actual value of the damaged items ??? yep, I have lost bags in transit never to see them again

Looking at the bright side though, you got home in one piece