MySpace and HEATROCK auctions (HEATROCK rel.)

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I know how a lot of you feel about MySpace...but I also know a lot of you are on there as well.It has a knack for being handy with the word of mouth advertising.I posted this bulletin up, and you should too (or something like it).----Subject: VINYL RECORD BENEFIT SALE - 100% of profits for KATRINA effo

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR MYSPACE FRIENDS WHO MAY BE INTO RECORDS/MUSIC/DJING/ETC./B>

http://www.soulstrut.com/images/navbar_bkg2.gif" alt="" />

For those of you that are into records (yes, the round black things), I urge you to check out Soulstrut.com's LET A HEATROCK LOOSE??[/b] record sale. For those not familiar with the site, it has been in existence since 1997, catering to vinyl junkies, crate diggers, and hip hop heads. Some the of best and most knowledgeable of funk/soul/hip-hop collectors and beat creators frequent the site, and many of them are putting up their MOST SOUGHT AFTER and MOST RARE records to auction off with 100% of the profits going towards the HURRICANE KATRINA RELIEF EFFORTS.[/b]/P>So if you are into vinyl, funk, soul, jazz, hip-hop, or R&B, a hardcore collector or just a casual one, or an artist or beat maker with the need for some RARE and UNHEARD of sample fodder, this is the spot to peep out to find some hot music for a good cause. Or, if you are already a hardcore collector, feel free to post up your own auctions.

For more information on how the auctions are being handled, where the money is going, who is responsible, a hair and/or DNA sample of said people and who to contact if you would like more information, check out the LET A HEATROCK LOOSE?? FORUM on SOULSTRUT.COM[/b] ([i]soulstrut.com --> forums --> LET A HEATROCK LOOSE??)/I> or CLICK HERE:Soulstrut.com's LET A HEATROCK LOOSE?? [/b]/P>Thanks,Grafwritah----

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    great idea. myspace is a great way to

i only hope those girls on myspace who post slutty pics of themselves are into records

• Yeah I've been smashing bulletins too...

• Thanks for making it easy to post. All I had to do is change the brackets [] to carrots >.

• Thanks for making it easy to post. All I had to do is change the brackets [] to carrots >.

No problem. I think the HEATROCK program is the dopest idea since Velcro.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This is great, Graf.

Going on the front page of my website.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah I've been smashing bulletins too...

for real

here's one i put together last night. just quote this and copy/paste the entire thing into myspace (HTML is all set up ready to go).

SOULSTRUT FUNDRAISER FOR KATRINA SURVIVORS[/b]

Over at www.Soulstrut.com Bambouche has organized the "Heatrocks" rare record auction and I encourage everyone who owns a turntable to get their bid on. Folks are donating all kinds of ridiculous records for this thing (Stark Reality, Skull Snaps, Open Sky Unit etc.). ALL proceeds will go to relief efforts for the victims of hurricane Katrina and the subsequent floods in New Orleans. At the end of all the auctions the money will then be matched 3X by an outside contributor. So far we've managed to raise well over $10,000 in the first few days.

With 80% of the city underwater, no homes, personal belongings or jobs these people need all the help we can give them.

So again, I urge everyone to go bid[/b].

*Stones Throw has also gotten on board and has donated a very dope set of items to the auction, including a limited edition Quasimoto skateboard autographed by Madlib.

Stones Throw Hurricane Relief