DMC Battle Jazzy J Dollar Bin Quintet Q-Bert @DNA

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited September 2005 in Announcements
For the First time ever on the West Coast over 17 competitors and two teams from across the nation will battle for US Domination.Featuring exclusive performances by Grand Wizard Theodore and the Original Jazz Jay with special guest DJ Q-Bert.Also performing:Oakland Faders ( www.oaklandfaders.com )4onefunk's Dollar Bin Quintet ( www.4onefunk.com )Lunar Heights ( www.naturalhigh.com )DJ Anit (mixterious)$12 advance tickets available at www.dnalounge.com/tickets.Thursday September 1st. Doors open at 7:00pm and battle begins at 8:00pm. Event is 21+.DNA Lounge 375 11th street, SF CA

Comments

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

t-t-t-t-t-tonite!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    So how did it go? pics, stories, flute scratches?

• It was fun...the battle was pretty dope and young cat I-Dee took it.

Grand Wiz had pretty cool set tho' he lost me at the drum and bass part (and extended scratch breaks), but he was pretty dam gruff when I hollared after the show so I was a bit disappointed (he was hella nice last time we met). Who knows tho, dude could have been exhausted from the flight, hungry, etc... it's all good.

Jazzy J was super cool, dude is dude is dude. He rocked a Serato set and ran through some of my fave breaks (including engine engine #9), cutting up doubles a la zulu nation. We followed his set and he stuck around to trade mc duties with J-1 while we played, good times...

Sorry D no flautist for you!

a little vibes, organ, and bass duties this time around

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Jazzy J was super cool... He rocked a Serato set...

Sorry D no flautist for you!

Aww man, I hope you know I'm only kidding about all that stuff.

• Naw man, I'm pretty fucking P.O'd.

psych