iTunes

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
i dont have an ipod, and im not dying to get one or anything, but maybe if i happen to recieve one as a present or something i wont be mad about it..hahaBUT...i do use itunes and love keeping it organized and making sure all data is correct and so-forth. also ive been transferring a lot of my records onto there...its fun to see all your music in one place. this program was a good idea.does kinda take away the fun of rediscovering music you havent heard in a while, and picking out a record and putting it on........and stuff.this post aint goin nowhere, so ill just get to my lame question: what should i put for "artist" when i transfer Hoctor tracks? i just put Hoctor Band, but they might have a name i dont know about or something. i like making everything as accurate as i can...haha

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    iPods are dope, dude.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    yeah, i like my dad's that we got him for fathers day...but i mean really i never use my portable cd player or anything anyway, and theyre pricey, i just dont really see myself using one all that often. im at home like 100% of the time these days anyway...a free one would be nice though!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I got one for my 30th birthday and didn't use it for 6 months, then one day I started using it and asked myself "How did I ever live without this before?"

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Same problem.

I just recorded 160 clips from various Tanner Sound libraries. What could I do? I just got extra nerdy and divided them by mono tanners and stereo tanners.

I'd recommend just sticking with "Hoctor Band". They never give credits anyways, right?

yeah, i recorded a track off a captiol library...i cant remember what his role was but either the arranger or guy who came up the concept was referred to as "Ole Georg" so, thats what i put as the artist..haha

you could credit the dancer, too.

haha..yeah i guess

itunes pet peeves:

people who dont make a seperate playlist with ONLY songs they like. i can understand uploading a whole cd, just in case, but i hate people who leave all this shit they dont even like on their main playlist, have like 10 days worth of music and only about 2 days of stuff they like, then always skip over shit when they put it on shuffle. my library is at 6.1 days now, but my master playlist just made it to 3. some friends who have tons of shit unlabelled, multiple rips of the same cd and so forth are up to over 20 days. jesus.

having a cd that it cant find the track names for, and i cant find the track names for. nothing bothers me more than seeing a bunch of "Track 01, Track 02"s on my playlist..haha, but who cares. im just being picky

when there is so little information on a record that i just dont even know what to put for the artist...like random "hits played like the real artist" comps, that provide NO information on the group whatsoever...ive started just labelling these "Unknown"

sometimes i wish there was a "Label" section in the info. i think it would be fun to make playlists by label. once again, just me being nerdy...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    get a ipod shuffle holmes, only 99 bones, and you can just take your itunes fun on the road and surprise yourself with songs you didnt know you had...

• sometimes i wish there was a "Label" section in the info. i think it would be fun to make playlists by label. once again, just me being nerdy...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    does kinda take away the fun of rediscovering music you havent heard in a while, and picking out a record and putting it on........and stuff.

That's why I love the shuffle mode... randomness is king.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

sometimes i wish there was a "Label" section in the info. i think it would be fun to make playlists by label. once again, just me being nerdy...

Holy Crap.

We need to talk.

wait. thats a comp right? what does this picture mean? haha

• my local library in baltimore had all the box sets so id borrow a couple of cds here and there and throw them onto itunes. nice to have for the bus, but not as nice as the records fo sho.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I got that Stax set as a Christmas gift last year, it absolutely rules. At first I was all too cool for school, "I have most of this already..." but I realized as I played it that I had about 20 percent of the tracks on there, and the rest was all education.

my local library in baltimore had all the box sets so id borrow a couple of cds here and there and throw them onto itunes. nice to have for the bus, but not as nice as the records fo sho.

ah shit, didnt even think about ripping library cds! i remember i burned a couple of medeski martin and wood cd's like 3 years ago that i checked out at the library, but i havent been to a library for so long i nearly forgot you could even check out cds there....

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i don't care what anyone says. apple is always

in this case itunes + airport express + home stereo system =

itunes keeps asking me if i wanna update to the new version. 2 questions:

1. any noteable new features?

2. will i have to reload everything or will it keep it all where it is?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

BUT...i do use itunes and love keeping it organized and making sure all data is correct and so-forth.

this has become an incredible time-consuming problem in my life. i have 20+ days of music, all of it organized with name, song, album, date, and, when appropriate, if it was sampled somewhere...

and album covers/label pictures.

it's the only part of my life where i feel obsessive-compulsive. but the joy i get from scrolling through my main library or holding my ipod and knowing how much beauty is encapsulated within is priceless. sentimental strut.

• The thing I hate about iTunes is that if you have the artist, for example, "Taza_One" and "Taza_One featuring Ragga P", even if they're on the same album, it will be placed in a different folder.

common labelling error. songs feature featured artists, artists don't feature featured artists.
    allow me to provide an example:

kanye west's "bring me down" feat brandy NOT
    kanye west feat. brandy "bring me down"

anybody know if its possible to fade out a song on itunes?

• common labelling error. songs feature featured artists, artists don't feature featured artists.
    allow me to provide an example:

kanye west's "bring me down" feat brandy NOT
    kanye west feat. brandy "bring me down"

Good point. Unfortunately that's how most of my downloaded music is labeled. Legal and illegal. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future.

BTW, search the podcast directory for my podcast under hip-hop. the title, "tazacacao"

iTunes is great.

• Oh yeah, now I remember (just got weeded). That labeling style messes up a compilation. It's all good for the iTunes interface. I'm talking about the folder structure. I guess it doesn't matter since I'm off that SoulSeek crackpipe.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    the itunes album cover screensaver is sweet too

• Anybody running itunes thru anything other than computer speakers shoud check into Volume Logic. Kind of a preamp for Itunes that actually seems to improve the sound IMO. Free demo too.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    does anyone actually use the sound enhancer in itunes?? does this do anything at all?

itunes keeps asking me if i wanna update to the new version. 2 questions:

1. any noteable new features?

"podcasts"

2. will i have to reload everything or will it keep it all where it is?

"export (save) your library list first, just in case. that way if itunes completely wipes, all you have to do is import that file and it will manually upload tracks from there. Do the same for any playlists you've made, as well"

and album covers/label pictures.

, indeed!

• and album covers/label pictures.

, indeed!

Anyone find a solid album artwork search tool? I know there are a few freeware programs out there, but the reviews I have read are less than stellar.

Also, you could, in a sense, create a browsable label interface by putting the record label as genre. Just a thought.

if allmusic doesn't have it google image search should.