Windows 8.1 wifi problem

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited August 2015 in Strut Central

Got a new laptop (yay!) that comes with Windows 8.1 (booo). Windows 8.1 looks kind of cool, but it sucks ass, with tongue.
I'm having a lot of problems with the wifi either not connecting, or disconnecting after a certain period of time or a restart. Youtube had some solution videos, and I think I've narrowed it down to the network adapter constantly needing software updates!
Anyone here had a similar problem? From the number of youtube vids this is very common - when is Windows 9 released?

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I have zero technical expertise and can't help you other than to say Windows 10 is on the way, and it will be a free upgrade if you reserve, I think? Look into it.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    What's the brand and Model number?

- spidey

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    parallax said:
    I have zero technical expertise and can't help you other than to say Windows 10 is on the way, and it will be a free upgrade if you reserve, I think? Look into it.

Upgraded to 10, problem solved (touches wood).

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    parallax said:

How do you like 10?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Duderonomy said:
    parallax said:

How do you like 10?

Hah, I'd only just gotten used to 8.1, and 10 is similar but actually a bit easier to navigate as they've moved the colourful icon page back to the start menu, so I'm seeing a 'normal' desktop most of the time.

The wifi glitch is gone, so that's a big improvement.

b/w

Expected some wifi-enabled wood-touching jokes, but nada. I am dissapoint.