How much would you pay to get negative feedback removed?

YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
edited September 2014 in Strut Central
Back in July I spotted the 5CD Album Collection by Change on Fonte Records for only ??10.81 being offered by a Amazon.co.uk marketplace dealer called booklore. I ordered it but received an order cancellation the next day "due to a pricing error".
Last week I was going through recent orders and left a 2-star feedback for them. Within a day I received a message asking me to remove my feedback and offering me the box set at the original price, explicitly pointing out that they would loose money on this. I was a bit suspicious as booklore had not been listing the item in the previous weeks at all (there had only been one other seller on amazon.co.uk continuously offering it for ??99) But I accepted the offer and we agreed that booklore would relist the CD the following evening at 11PM my (UK) time which was supposedly their (US) afternoon. The box set indeed appeared at the agreed time and I placed my order again at ??10.81.
Yesterday I received the shipment with the correct item in excellent condition. However, the real surprise was the shipping paperwork. This was actually not my order but theirs which they placed on amazon.fr with Discadelic (the Amazon id of Crocodisc) in Paris using my shipping address for their order. The [economic] killer though is that they paid ???55 + shipping for it. That's a net loss of almost ??40 for them (??10.81 minus Amazon's fees = their revenue VS ???58.40 = their cost for the item), just to get rid of one 2-star review. Crazy.

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    ha ha they could have just honoured the original listing in the first place and avoided all of that mess.

• That's some pretty strange behavoir!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Yelp's new business model is going to based on how much business will be for good reviews/ratings.