Hey Soulstrut, I'm back - with Resolution 88 - a Rhodes-driven funk band inspired by Headhunters

TomOTomO 169 Posts
edited June 2014 in Strut Central
Hi all,
Sorry it's been a while since I checked into soulstrut. I was never a prolific poster but I did comment on quite a few topics and I put a number of 'DJ Oyimbo' mixes up a few years ago - since then I've been busy writing and recording (and sadly my collecting has slowed down - I want to put that right!)

Anyway, I hope this comes across in the way I intend it and not as an unsolicited plug for my band. I'm posting specifically here because I know that lots of strutters will dig what we've done.
I went away and wrote some original tracks, then our band got together and recorded in the same way that Herbie did with the Headhunters (all in one room). I used all-original instruments - Fender Rhodes suitcase piano, Hohner Clavinet D6, Solina String Ensemble etc - the list goes on. I mixed the album with Dan Goldman aka JD73 and then Bob Power (The Roots, Erykah Badu, D'Angelo, Common etc) mastered it in New York.

This video introduces the album and the band - if you dig Headhunters or any jazz funk from that era I'd be really grateful if you'd take the time to check it out. We're very proud of what we've achieved and hopefully you'll really dig the music... there's more to come...

Thanks,
Tom & Reso 88