1.5 Hour Roc-A-Fella Commercial

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I saw State Property 2 on a whim after I mailed my taxes tonight...Some observations:

*N.O.R.E. is a pretty good actor

*I suspect Chris from Young Gunz might be retarded, or stays high (or both)

*Beanie Sigel in a wife beater + boxer shorts = "not a good look"

*Ladies, take notes--Mariah Carey does some serious math

*Loon's put on weight; he's looking a little like Kanye West (who also makes a cameo appearance) from the side

*I had no idea that there was so much ugly Rocawear and State Property gear/models available for public consumption...And the fine folks in Philadelphia apparently only drink Armadale vodka and Sizzurp

*I think the Diplomats took a few minutes out of filming their "Get 'Em Girls" video to shoot one of the scenes in the movie...Unfortunately, Cam didn't steal the show like he did in Paid in Full

*Did ODB get some liposuction before he died?

*Why was all of the money in the movie fake?

*It's Friday night; get down or lay down

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i hope it comes out in theater here

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    i hope it comes out in theater here

I can get you a bootleg if you want--hit me up on the PM.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    state property 1 is a classic. eagerly awaiting this shit. Yes, young chris is definitely retarded.

Do you ever sleep, B*****n?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    state property 1 is a classic. eagerly awaiting this shit. Yes, young chris is definitely retarded.

That definitely fits into the horrible but good category. Its like the movie equivalent of Willie D. How are any of yall west coasters us right now? I'm waiting for my plane from Amsterdam bored as shit. Trips to Europe are crap when it comes to actually traveling to your destination.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

That definitely fits into the horrible but good category. Its like the movie equivalent of Willie D. How are any of yall west coasters us right now? I'm waiting for my plane from Amsterdam bored as shit. Trips to Europe are crap when it comes to actually traveling to your destination.

You're in Europe? Plaese to inform us of the major real world moves that are being busted .

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Do you ever sleep, B*****n?

i try pretty hard not to. but sometimes i slip up and crash for a couple hours.

it takes grindin to be a king....

You're in Europe? Plaese to inform us of the major real world moves that are being busted .

Just went on a record excursion to the Utrecht show and other spots out there. Shit was crazy. I got a weekend finds for that ass. Lol. Now I'm waitin in Minneapolis customs in a big ass line. Will make it home at some point. I can't wait.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    I got a weekend finds for that ass.

Yes you do. You're about to drop a bomb on nerdstrut bigger than the one the Nets are dropping on the Sixers right now.
    :

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Just went on a record excursion to the Utrecht show and other spots out there. Shit was crazy. I got a weekend finds for that ass. Lol. Now I'm waitin in Minneapolis customs in a big ass line. Will make it home at some point. I can't wait.

Did you get any of those "nonserious record transactor" flyers out there?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    You're about to drop a bomb on nerdstrut bigger than the one the Nets are dropping on the Sixers right now.
    :

It's lookin' ugly, ain't it? Scalapini lightin' them asses up...

Did you get any of those "nonserious record transactor" flyers out there?

Honestly after seeing how the Europeans get down on the record tip in general, I'm suprised we didn't get the flyer. I think I met a couple of the French Fucks who bid dumb money on modern soul. A couple dudes had FIRE but prices were outrageous. That was generally the theme of the show. Most things were overpriced in general. Still real dope to see all the raers accumulated in a Kingdome size environment.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    It's lookin' ugly, ain't it? Scalapini lightin' them asses up...

Yeah, this was not the outcome that I was hoping for, but....

And the Answer getting technicals ain't helping nothing.

Where the hell is Utrecht?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Where the hell is Utrecht?

It's short for "Utrecht a long way, ubetter come up with heat!"

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    Scalapini lightin' them asses up...

zebrahead, holler!

Faux_Rillz [/b], holler!

zebrahead, holler!

I saw that dude play in high school I think and its shocking to see him contribute, let alone play in the league.

I saw State Property 2 on a whim after I mailed my taxes tonight...

10 Years ago that phrase would of made a lot of people say "HUH?". Hip-Hop is officially Grown and Sexy.

"After Tennis practice, Latrice and me are gonna cop the latest Stack Bundlez Mix-CD"

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    state property 1 is a classic.

unless you like the self-perpetuated stereotypes of black men, the absolute squalor of the ghetto and the banailty of copycat "Carlito's Way" rap movies, this statement couldn't be any further from the truth.
    damn.(no instigation.)

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts

unless you like the self-perpetuated stereotypes of black men, the absolute squalor of the ghetto and the banailty of copycat "Carlito's Way" rap movies, this statement couldn't be any further from the truth.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    dude was like "time out!"

Are there any more clips of Kimbo besides that and the cop one?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

We like it..."FUBU,"

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    The claim that SP2 is a "1.5 Hour Roc-A-Fella Commercial" is pretty on-point. More than anything however, it's a Dame Dash commercial. The movie was exactly what I expected: sucky. Fun nonetheless. It could've benefitted from a better soundtrack and more Dipset shit. Cam definitely stole the show in "Pain In Full" and not on some ironic shit. Dude was legitimately golden in that shit. Anyway, SP2 is far from good, but certainly watchable if you like these rappers.

-e

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Cam definitely stole the show in "Pain In Full" and not on some ironic shit. Dude was legitimately golden in that shit.

-e
    i don't see it. all i saw was camron acting like camron.the guy from the wire was the only thing decent in it + even he was subpar.they threw away a great opportunity to make a truly great movie.