Jamaican Tourette's

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited May 2014 in Strut Central
Think about it.

Waiter may I please BUMBACLOT!!! have another glass of water?

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Whenever I don't have anything to think about my mind always wanders to Jamaican Tourette's and it always gives me the giggles.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Gary said:
    Think about it.

I have oft contemplated what would happen if a ventriloquist had Tourette's.

Would it manifest through the dummy?

"Gottle o'geer, y'guckin gastard!"

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    How about Tourette's priest/vicar/ whatever doing the marriage thing

Do you, WANKER PRICK Jimster take this CUNT BITCH WHORE woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    skel said:
    How about Tourette's priest/vicar/ whatever doing the marriage thing

Do you, WANKER PRICK Jimster take this CUNT BITCH WHORE woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Guilty as charged

We got married in Vegas and I had to tip the priest. It was only slightly less irreverent than your suggestion.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Gary said:
    Think about it.

I have oft contemplated what would happen if a ventriloquist had Tourette's.

Would it manifest through the dummy?

"Gottle o'geer, y'guckin gastard!"

Wonder no longer.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    As long as we're being insensitive and insulting people with physical disabilities......let me introduce Jimmy Tourettes!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    As long as we're being insensitive and insulting people with physical disabilities......let me introduce Jimmy Tourettes!

This reminds of something else I have wondered about. Notice in this video that he says "WANKER!" which a yank with tourrettes would never say. I have imagined a Korean with tourrettes and screaming Korean curse words. Not too hard to imagine.

But... imagine this. What if there were a language that DIDN'T have curse words? Like maybe in the amazon or something there lives a tribe with a language that has no curse words. No impolite language. This raises an obvious scientific question. What does the person with Tourrettes say?

Now possibly there is no such thing as a language that doesn't have curse words or rude language. Or is it possible? Have we evolved so that curse words or rude language is a necessary condition of our speaking? Maybe that's why tourrettes exists in the first place, because the wiring gets crossed and taps into the "curse word" nuerons that exist in every human brain. Maybe tourrettes proves that curse words are necessary for human language.

Or maybe I just made all that shit up. But still...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    A while ago there was a good documentary about a group of young Brits with tourettes going to a summer camp for sufferers in the US. One of them explained parts of tourettes is the compulsion to shout out inappropriate things given the situation, it's usually curse words because they're the obvious go-to blanket offence causers. Obviously sufferers are aware of this, so when confronted with a new situation they will worry about what inappropriate thing they might say, which inadvertently becomes of list of stuff to say. So these kids are on a plane to America desperately trying not to yell out stuff like 9/11 and Bomb and the more you worry about it the more likely it is to happen.

There was this really sad scene with this teenage girl trying to go out clothes shopping, and she can't help but yell out the n-word at nearly every black person she sees. That shit must be hell to deal with. But tourettes is a spectrum disorder and lots of sufferers don't swear and yell out.