Holy grail that noone knows about! Be the first to

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
trying:I found a very nice German Jazz record that lists Jimmy Woode Jr. as solo vocalist(!!!). I tried to find a Jimmy Woode Jr. on google, but only found references to the great bassist Jimmy Woode (he's living in Germany and has played bass on many German Jazz records[e.g. Sunbirds]). Other musicians from this record: Ingfried Hoffmann (aka Memphis Black), Siggi Schwab (Vampyros Lesbos), Toni Inzalaco (Certain Lions & Tigers - Soul Condor drummer), Jiggs Whigham. Recorded in 1972.Did Jimmy Woode ever sing? He starred in a movie last year and his voice doesn't sound that good. Kinda raspy. Was he a singer too? Is there another Jimmy Woode jr.? The singing is quite good. The liner notes say: Jimmy "Wood" - a black musician from the East Coast. Wood = Woode? There was a Blues singer called Jimmy Wood... Quite confusing! The band has no name. The record has no title!Another quote from the liner notes: "They: Who look for fragments while being fragments. Digging cool. Work in progress. Bent on consciousness, feeling, vibrations, understanding." ME LIKES!

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    sheesh! twice as much views as the other subject! soulstrut got weak! foll's!!!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    is it good? what does it sound like?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ask again on the other post!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    geez, 4 times as many views!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    is it good? what does it sound like?

since noone is looking at the other post about this record: YES, there's a drum break.

what other post?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Is it half as good as the Earth Disciples sucka?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what other post?

I did the same post with a different subject title. See Jimmy Woode Jr... noone was viewing that post.

the post containing "holy grail" in the title got 4 times as many views at the same time.

Is it half as good as the Earth Disciples sucka?

is there a drum break on earth disciple?

• I have no idea what record you are talking about but how much do you want for it?

-$$$$$$$$$$$$

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

-$$$$$$$$$$$$

double that, convert it to Euros and it's yours! ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• How should I pay? The pay pal fee will be ridic.

The pay pal fee will be ridic.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    send cash in registered letter (at your own risk).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

don't forget to hide the cash well

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

don't forget to hide the cash well

the german postal system is straight gangsta

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Vin Diesel can divide by zero.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Vin Diesel can divide by zero.

does that rhyme or am i just too stoned to know otherwise?