Good LP's On the Birthright Label

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
continuing on with the "Whats good on this gospel label" theme I started yesterday with the Gospel Truth thread. I want to know if anyone can hip me to some more good releases on the Los Angeles based Birthright labelSo far these are the ones I can recommend:The Pattersons[/b] - Family group with the 2 kids on vocals and pops on keys and production. 2 funky tracksMichael Orr[/b] - dude who made the raer Spread Love private press LP recorded this as a follow up of sorts. Has a track on it called "spread love. The entire LP is a is a solid listenBrenda Holloway[/b]- former Motown singer did a modern osul LP with a gospel tinge on this label in '81. cover of the Stylistics you make me feel Brand New"add on...

Comments

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Michael Orr[/b] - dude who made the raer Spread Love private press LP recorded this as a follow up of sorts. Has a track on it called "spread love. The entire LP is a is a solid listen

'This is a blessing' from the Book of Life LP is a great track. An excellent cut that might just shade 'Spread love' for me.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

I picked this one up a couple weeks ago - there's a funky mooged-out cover of Stevie Wonder's 'Have a Talk with God' that is pretty sweet.

---

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I picked this one up a couple weeks ago - there's a funky mooged-out cover of Stevie Wonder's 'Have a Talk with God' that is pretty sweet.

---

Oh wow I love this group and had no idea they mae an LP on this label. This now officially on my want list.

Did Oliver Sain have anything to do with his album?