Jimmy Woode Jr. on vocals??? rare German rekkid

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I found a very nice German Jazz record that lists Jimmy Woode Jr. as solo vocalist(!!!). I tried to find a Jimmy Woode Jr. on google, but only found references to the great bassist Jimmy Woode (he's living in Germany and has played bass on many German Jazz records[e.g. Sunbirds]). Other musicians from this record: Ingfried Hoffmann (aka Memphis Black), Siggi Schwab (Vampyros Lesbos), Toni Inzalaco (Certain Lions & Tigers - Soul Condor drummer), Jiggs Whigham. Recorded in 1972.Did Jimmy Woode ever sing? He starred in a movie last year and his voice doesn't sound that good. Kinda raspy. Was he a singer too? Is there another Jimmy Woode jr.? The singing is quite good. The liner notes say: Jimmy "Wood" - a black musician from the East Coast. Wood = Woode? There was a Blues singer called Jimmy Wood... Quite confusing! The band has no name. The record has no title!Another quote from the liner notes: "They: Who look for fragments while being fragments. Digging cool. Work in progress. Bent on consciousness, feeling, vibrations, understanding." ME LIKES!

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    How come all those other threads get more views?! Is my English that bad?

Did Jimmy Woode ever sing? Has there been a singer called Jimmy Wood?

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    How come all those other threads get more views?!

You have no "Kanye" in your title...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    How come all those other threads get more views?!

You have no "Kanye" in your title...

yeah! kanye is JOSH these days.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'd really love to know if Jimmy Woode can/ccould sing. Or if there's another Jimmy Woode, possibly Jimmy Wood. I'd really be buffed if I got myself the only record with Jimmy Woode as vocalist. I like Jimmy Woode! He's one of my favorite musicians!

ANYONE?

• just give me that record and i'll do some research for you.