BEYONC??

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited December 2013 in Strut Central

Comments

• if i could walk i would have sprinted to the computer to post about this.

14 songs. 17 videos. 0 advance marketing.

unbelievable.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    OK, I'll start.

This + a new Burial both dropping within 24 hours of each other less than two weeks before Christmas + whole metric fucktons of killer shit coming from all angles all the god-damn time from that Bowie comeback onwards = 2013 greatest year for music this century.

Official.

• i hear at least 11 hits on this album.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Doc's done lost his mind.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Doc's done lost his mind.

he's not WRONG...... it's at least debatable. we're only 13 years deep, right?

Calling that Burial garbage does a disservice to garbage. And Beyonce is extreme cheese, if not even cheese that hypnotizes you into worshipping Moloch or some shit. Do better.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Calling that Burial garbage does a disservice to garbage. And Beyonce is extreme cheese, if not even cheese that hypnotizes you into worshipping Moloch or some shit. Do better.

RICHARD F*CKING VERNON

"Classic thread" status almost secured and we haven't even hit double figures yet.

WE THA BEST

• well if it isn't the saltiest salt piles in the world popping up to tell me what i'm allowed to enjoy.

vintageinfants said:
    well if it isn't the saltiest salt piles in the world popping up to tell me what i'm allowed to enjoy.

Isn't that your girlfriend's job?

• HarveyCanal said:
    vintageinfants said:
    well if it isn't the saltiest salt piles in the world popping up to tell me what i'm allowed to enjoy.

Isn't that your girlfriend's job?

• vintageinfants said:
    0 advance marketing.

Or another way to look at it is that she's had 10+ years of the heaviest marketing on the planet and everything she does now markets itself.

Lack of marketing as ultimate marketing.

I'm vaguely impressed that it was kept a secret , though.

• Horseleech said:
    vintageinfants said:
    0 advance marketing.

Or another way to look at it is that she's had 10+ years of the heaviest marketing on the planet and everything she does now markets itself.

or another way to look at it is that she's doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing for a person in her position.

kanye's major malfunction is that he's constantly trying to convince people he's as good as he is when all he has to do is drop albums and let them speak for themselves.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Or, her canny marketing people realized that the news blitz generated by her "zero marketing plus massive content dump" approach would be even more wide-reaching than the most expensive marketing campaign could be. Just a thought from someone who works in marketing.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Oh, and dropping on a Friday? Wouldn't be because they want to dominate the weekend news cycle, would it? That would be a yes.

• DB_Cooper said:
    Or, her canny marketing people realized that the news blitz generated by her "zero marketing plus massive content dump" approach would be even more wide-reaching than the most expensive marketing campaign could be. Just a thought from someone who works in marketing.

Yeah, this was what I was trying to say before. This is basically on top of every newsfeed on the internet right now.

• vintageinfants said:
    Horseleech said:
    vintageinfants said:
    0 advance marketing.

or another way to look at it is that she's doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing for a person in her position.

kanye's major malfunction is that he's constantly trying to convince people he's as good as he is when all he has to do is drop albums and let them speak for themselves.

this album >>>> yeezus!

• .... or MCHG ate up all the marketing dollars for the year

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im coppin

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    No publicity is the new publicity.

You can keep telling people how great you are, or you can just show them.*

For the fans, a surprise album with lots of eye candy is like Christmas in early December, as opposed to a lot of tired-ass interviews and rants....which is like rain all August long.
    You an artist or a baby?

*"Great" being purely subjective. Point emphasis on action vs talk as opposed to actual quality of anything.

Horseleech said:
    vintageinfants said:
    0 advance marketing.

In the era of the calculated leak, I think it's hugely impressive. That's a whole lot of confidentiality agreements.

• also,

she might be the hottest thing on the planet as of right now.

and yes, i mean in that shallow way.

• batmon said:
    Im coppin

shit was all OVER the hood this am.

"you aint got no fuckin BEY in your serato?!?" is about to be a thing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I didnt copp the last album. I needed a break from both of them.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haven't heard any of this yet
    I heard the royalz song for the first time at the juice spot the other day

• DocMcCoy said:
    Horseleech said:
    vintageinfants said:
    0 advance marketing.

In the era of the calculated leak, I think it's hugely impressive. That's a whole lot of confidentiality agreements.

one of the extras for the video 'xo' has a cameo by the TMZ new york street pap.... and HE kept tight-lipped. that must have been one HELL of a contract.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

HOOK 'EM m//

billbradley said:

HOOK 'EM m//

Hot damn, David Ash has never looked so good.

• i wonder how many dj's are scrambling to figure out which one of these 14 are gonna go in the clurbs tonight.

does the public know what they want to hear if the radio doesn't tell them?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Keep reading this thread as "Bonce"