Jimmy Page X Biggie

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
Of course, it's fucking dreadful.

For me, Brandon Soderberg generally only really excels at petulant, passive-aggressive subtweets and the worst kind of music-hack snobbery but, writing about the above-referenced dog's breakfast here, he does raise an interesting point or two about possible future directions in a world where nobody gives much of a fuck about the sanctity of intellectual property no mo', their own included.

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/76735/

and co-sign...very dreadful. On the same level as ironic white chick singer/songwriter rap covers.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Ah, this is what comes of not having the internet at home for a month.

:latte:

• its odd that this has been on his soundcloud page (no pun) for at least 2 months now, the last time i listened to this...

i wasnt mad at it, but it wasnt the coolest thing i have heard lately...

• dj_cityboy said:

i disagree, i think it's just awful, and does not work at all on a musical level. i had to check my browsers to make sure something else wasn't playing at the same time. but i guess i am missing the point, really, because this bullshit is not about music at all but some ridiculous exercise in branding and marketing.

• crabmongerfunk said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    because this bullshit is not about music at all but some ridiculous exercise in branding and marketing.

i completely agree with this at the same time though...WTF is page doing dabbling in this type of shit anyways? couldnt he be working on some "b-sides and bootlegs Zeppelin" type shit...

i think its cool that people like Page are messing with this type of shit, but to release it to the masses is a bit confusing, not knowing what his intentions are... **was this a "hey i started messing with this stuff for the first time and look what i did" or "i have been making remixes for a few years now, check this out" type of a thing...

Page & Tupac/Eazy E....next?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bizarro-puffy

• dj_cityboy said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    because this bullshit is not about music at all but some ridiculous exercise in branding and marketing.

i completely agree with this at the same time though...WTF is page doing dabbling in this type of shit anyways? couldnt he be working on some "b-sides and bootlegs Zeppelin" type shit...

He is, actually. Maybe he wants to be in the news again to draw attention to it, 'Godfather of Big Drums' or some shit.

b/w

Didn't work out so well last time either...

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    wow, that was awful.

do both their catalogs belong to the same label? This reeks of 50-year-old marketing dudes sitting in a room trying to get their "assets" and "properties" back out there. They probably love the late-90s corporate rap-rock vibe, takes them back to the days when LEN and Sugar Ray topped the charts.

• ppadilha said:

LEN and Sugar Ray topped the charts.

Interestingly, both groups had some serious hip hop heads involved.

• yeah i dont care i still ride for Len every so often, and i cant lie i thought the first Sugar Ray album - Lemonade and Brownies was dope imho, i had bought that album a couple years after the whole cop killer stuff and still rock it every so often...part of me bought it for the hottie on the cover also...lol