wisdom TEETH (n.r.r.)

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
how do you guys feel about em?? i still have mine and it hurts sometimes(about once every year). peace, stein. . .

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Mine are making a late appearance, they hurt a little bit, and not to mention one is crooked so I kinda bite on it sideways.

Pain in the ass, I was fine without them.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

how do you guys feel about em?? i still have mine and it hurts sometimes(about once every year). peace, stein. . .

Had 'em taken out durin' college - slept for a day and a half straight after the operation owin' to the anesthesia... They were beginnin' to grow out @ an angle, causin' pain on the inside of the cheek - whole lot better once they were gone...

Yeah I thought I was just going to magically not have any. What the fuck.

• My bottom ones are growing out sideways towards the rest of my teeth. Don't know why and how. Also have extra ones. Shits gonna be a bitch when it's time to take em out.

• I had mine yanked out by an oral surgeon so I got to sleep through the whole thing. I don't miss em.

• My bottom ones are growing out sideways
    ahhhhh. . paul wall steez.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I had mine yanked out by an oral surgeon so I got to sleep through the whole thing. I don't miss em.

Yup, got my only one out a couple weeks ago. Get a good doctor, painless sugery but some minimal pain afterwards. The tooth was horizontal and starting to slightly push on my other teeth. Good x-rays caught it in time, it was impacted beneath some bone and 1/3 the cost was the result of the bone graft that they put in place of the bone they removed.

I recommend getting them out if you can afford it. It will save you pain and cash to do it sooner than later.

Yup, got my only one out a couple weeks ago. Get a good doctor, painless sugery but some minimal pain afterwards. The tooth was horizontal and starting to slightly push on my other teeth. good x-rays caught it in time.

Bastard, I haven't been to a dentist in 3-4 years.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

The tooth was horizontal and starting to slightly push on my other teeth. good x-rays caught it in time.

mine too. "impacted against the molars" they said mine were. i refused the general anasthetic and just got novacaine. i guess doctor was good because despite the fact that he had to split them into shards to get them out I never really had any real pain. I iced my jaw immediately afterward and throughout the following three days and I didn't even swell up. couldn't really eat anything for that week though.

small price to pay for a month's supply of this:

that's better.

small price to pay for a month's supply of this:

How many teeth were impacted? I still got my 15 pills, hah.

My instructions said to ice it for only 24 hours. It swelled up for a couple days after but it's fine now. Gonna get my stitches out tomorrow morning, actually.

Gonna get my stitches out tomorrow morning, actually.

They stitch gums????

How many teeth were impacted? I still got my 15 pills, hah.

somehow it was all 4.

I still got my 15 pills, hah.

check your PMs.

just playin.

just playin.

ha hah!

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Wow - coincidence. THIS THURSDAY!!

argh.

After a year of jaw pains - some dental benefits finally came through at work.

My mission is to avoid this ... ummm. .... something-er-other where there's an infection afterwards in the gums and exposed bone. The last TWO people I talked to had it.

• stitches

stitches

ban.

just playin.

My mission is to avoid this ... ummm. .... something-er-other where there's an infection afterwards...

Just make sure your dentist isn't a Jewish Orthodox Rabbi.

Jewish Rabbi.

is there any other kind?

Jewish Rabbi.

is there any other kind?

No, but there are those that aren't Jewish Orthodox.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I had all 4 removed in one shot.

All impacted.

I woke up afterwards and tried to be mr. tuffguy "I can walk to the car" and nearly fell on my face.

I had bruises on my chest (???) from dude yanking them out, my face was bruised and swollen beyond recognition and I basically drugged myself and slept for 2 days.

Honestly though, it wasn't that bad. I know it sounds bad but it's not a big deal.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    My face stayed fat for a week, and they did em 2 at a time because mine were so bad. MAKE SURE TO GET KNOCKED OUT, NOT JUST GASSED! I've known people who were gassed and could hear the crunching ripping sounds as they took em out. Also, if your teeth are problematic, you should get them out. There have been cases of dementia and psychosis where people were institutionalized, without knowing it was their wisdom teeth was causing it.
    Get em out, they're useless!
    Peace
    T.N.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The actual surgery was cool, but when I got home it started bleeding a lot. I have a mild form of hemophilia so that shit was no joke. I was in the ER spitting blood for 11 hours. The Dr. was shoving foam in the holes to stop the bleeding. I was spitting out huge blood clots. Shit was really raw. I had to get blood a blood transfusion. They gave me morphine too, which was word because it didn???t really hurt much. It was kind of funny because all the dr.s would just stand there looking at me and crossing their fingers when they thought the bleeding had stopped, and then bam I would spit out another blood clot. Now I know why they don???t have mirrors in hospitals because when I got home the next day I looked like I had been stomped. My jaw was huge and my face was covered in dried blood.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I have all of mine still, with no problems. I went to the dentist once (it had been about a year since I was last there) and he was saying "now last time we said we'd take a look at your wisdom teeth, to see if they might be a problem when they come in...(looks)... oh. They're already there. Was.. that.. a problem for you"? Me: "I didn't notice".

• I got mine out when I was 18...all four were impacted. After a few days, I discovered how much fun the painkillers were, and at the advice of some friends, brought them out to some 18 and over club we were going to. We did a couple shots of vodka in the parking lot along with the pills. I only weighed 145 pounds at the time so I was TORE UP. I blacked out when I was inside and somehow ended up getting into it with a giant bouncer...so the bouncer was kind enough to only kick my ass a little bit. They called the cops who were kind enough to kick my ass a little bit. The cops wanted to write me a citation and release me to my friends. For some reason I refused to give them my friends name so they could page them in the club and have them come out and get me, so they were forced to call my pops. That was the ass kicking of a lifetime. My mom ended up calling her brother who was a recovering alcoholic and he along with two of his AA buddies met up with me after work one night and had an intervention. This was like 3 weeks before I left for college. I have never forgiven my wisdom teeth for getting me into that mess.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I had mine out a few years ago and they were a mess - impacted and one of the lower teeth would get infected every few months and that was hellish pain. I finally got a job with benefits so I went for it. I got all four taken out and I saved mine! They are huge - who knew?!
    It took the dentist 45 minutes to get the first one out. He broke a sweat! I had local anesthetic so I was up and all giddy from being nervous. I could feel the pressure of him pulling and pulling and I suddenly got this cartoon-ish image in my head of him putting his foot on my chest for leverage as the assistant yanked on his waist for more pull. I cracked up and could not stop laughing. He had to stop what he was doing and they were looking at me like I was nuts. "No one has ever reacted like this before," they said to me.
    They gave me painkillers with codeine and it was the first (and last) time I had taken opiates. My mom told me don't take them every four hours, take them every two so the pain never comes through. OK crazy lady. I took three pills before I started to puke my guts out - who cared about the wounds in my mouth? I felt like absolute shit thanks to my mother's street dealer medical advice. My mouth never really bugged me, it all healed pretty quickly with hardly any discomfort.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I had all 4 removed in one shot.
    All impacted.

I woke up afterwards and tried to be mr. tuffguy "I can walk to the car" and nearly fell on my face.
    I had bruises on my chest (???) from dude yanking them out, my face was bruised and swollen beyond recognition and I basically drugged myself and slept for 2 days.

Honestly though, it wasn't that bad. I know it sounds bad but it's not a big deal.
    I had that same shit. All four were impacted. The doctor had his foot all up on the chair so he could get better leverage (ayo). The worst part was the cracking, crunching and sawing sounds that i had to endure as i was WIDE awake. That night, as i was laying on my sofa watching a movie, kids across the street had a party and though that they'd have a bottle breaking contest on the street. I had to go regulate with my bikechain in hand and blood pooring out of my mouth. they left without incident.