October Finds & Welcome Post

CBills428CBills428 13 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
I wanted to take a second to introduce myself because as much as I lurk these forums, I've been starting to feel guilty for not posting an introduction post. I've been collecting for about 6-7 years now, main focus is usually on the foundations of hip hop (jazz, funk, soul and r&b). Like so many others, I'm amazed at the original samples used and obsessed with learning about the original music. Most recently I've been collecting jazz and boogie. On the one hand, in my spare time, I like to DJ with hip hop, boogie, more modern dance music and then on the other, just play out old school jazz, jazz/funk tracks. Prestige and Blue Note mostly...

Anyway, even if it is self serving, I've posted a pic of recent finds. I live in Buffalo, NY and if any of you are in the area (Toronto?), feel free to contact me. I've been coming across some good stuff lately and thought I'd share. Always open to trades. I can't seem to find a lot of people in the area I live who collect this sort of thing. If you're looking for collectors who collect classic rock, prog rock, psych, come visit Western New York. We're also known for our plethora of 80s r&b. One of the reasons I've gotten into boogie and 80s r&b is because there's such an abundance of this stuff. You've never seen so many Rick James' records.

CB