BOOTSY COLLINS SLOW JAMS APPRECIATION POST

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I'm listening to Bootsy's "What's A Telephone Bill" joint right now and it's bringing back all the memories... yeah, Bootsy was known for the cartoonish p-funk jams like "Bootzilla", "Stretchin' Out", "Roto-Rooter" etc. But the slow jams is where it was really at! "Munchies For Your Love", "I'd Rather Be With You-oo (yeah-eh-eh)", "Vanish In Our Sleep", "Oh Boy Gorl", and I know I'm probly forgettin' something. Bootsy wuz (and still is) a bad rockstar doll baby, bobba!

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    YES! I been bumpin "I'd Rather Be With You" a lot lately. me and my girls new song. heh.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    YES! I been bumpin "I'd Rather Be With You" a lot lately. me and my girls new song. heh.

Hell yeah! (as far as it being the jam, not as far is it being me and your girl's new song)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    hell yeah! bootsy's the man. I was just bumping oh boy gurl last night. Did somebody use that shit? It sounds so familiar.

whats a telephone bill is also the cut.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    As In I Love You

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I'm listening to Bootsy's "What's A Telephone Bill" joint right now and it's bringing back all the memories... yeah, Bootsy was known for the cartoonish p-funk jams like "Bootzilla", "Stretchin' Out", "Roto-Rooter" etc. But the slow jams is where it was really at!
    "Munchies For Your Love", "I'd Rather Be With You-oo (yeah-eh-eh)", "Vanish In Our Sleep", "Oh Boy Gorl", and I know I'm probly forgettin' something. Bootsy wuz (and still is) a bad rockstar doll baby, bobba!

I already had one of the posts son. Quit stealing my light. On the real, Bootsy slow songs are what's up though. I don't know the names of any of em but they are all the truth. Pretty much all the pretty p funk stuff is heatery in general.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I already had one of the posts son. Quit stealing my light. On the real, Bootsy slow songs are what's up though. I don't know the names of any of em but they are all the truth.

If you don't even know the names then yo' post don't count, foolio!

Nah, for real doe, I didn't remember seeing your Bootsy Slow Jams Appreciation post. I was just feelin' the vibes last night. But you can't have too many appreciation posts for stuff like "I'd Rather Be With You" etc.

Pretty much all the pretty p funk stuff is heatery in general.

Yep, I actually was gonna make it a "Bootsy / P-Funk Slow Jams Appreciation Post" but decided to just keep it at Bootsy 'cuz he had the majority of the best P-Funk slow jams IMO. But I got a lot of love for stuff like Parliament's "I Misjudged You", The Brides Of Funkenstein's "Just Like You" and of course classics by Zapp like "It's Gonna Be Alright" and "Computer Love", among others. Other P-Funk groups also had a lot of nice semi-mellow joints that I wouldn't really call slow jams.

• "Oh Boy Girl" is the lick

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Yep, I actually was gonna make it a "Bootsy / P-Funk Slow Jams Appreciation Post" but decided to just keep it at Bootsy 'cuz he had the majority of the best P-Funk slow jams IMO. But I got a lot of love for stuff like Parliament's "I Misjudged You", The Brides Of Funkenstein's "Just Like You" and of course classics by Zapp like "It's Gonna Be Alright" and "Computer Love", among others. Other P-Funk groups also had a lot of nice semi-mellow joints that I wouldn't really call slow jams.

Yeah I equate pretty p funk with anything that doesn't have a loud ass clap. I think we need to be appreciating non raer artists like Bootsy more often. The younger dudes on this site probably don't even know about that shit.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'm listening to Bootsy's "What's A Telephone Bill" joint right now and it's bringing back all the memories... yeah, Bootsy was known for the cartoonish p-funk jams like "Bootzilla", "Stretchin' Out", "Roto-Rooter" etc. But the slow jams is where it was really at!
    "Munchies For Your Love", "I'd Rather Be With You-oo (yeah-eh-eh)", "Vanish In Our Sleep", "Oh Boy Gorl", and I know I'm probly forgettin' something. Bootsy wuz (and still is) a bad rockstar doll baby, bobba!

"Vanish In Our Sleep" was the first Bootsy song I ever heard, back when I was a teenager. I loved it immediately, and I've always liked his slow jams ever since. "Munchies For Your Love" is another favourite. I vaguely remember there being a decent ballad on the somewhat duff "Ultra Wave" album, but the title escapes me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    "Oh Boy Girl" is the lick

And just so happens to be Daze' new song with his other girl:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Borrowed by 2Pac "I'd rather be your N****"

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Borrowed by 2Pac "I'd rather be your N****"