Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Thats actually a pretty solid list. I disagree with 7-9 and have a love/hate relationship with 23, though.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Ha, #12 is a picture of Rooky Ricardo's that they took from the homie DJ Platurn.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    CrazyPopRock in the foreground of #30!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    how many people really ride for colored vinyl? I like my vinyl like I like my men.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    these buzz feed lists are ruining the internet.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Thats actually a pretty solid list. I disagree with 7-9 and have a love/hate relationship with 23, though.

When I started collecting I hated 23.
    Now that some of the records I bought new have the same crackle as records I pick up 2nd hand I love the occasional crackle or pop. A massive gouge in the groove still fucks me up though, and I'm certain Photek's antipathy for this sound led to him sampling it (@1:19 and 1:25) on this track:

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    DB_Cooper said:

When I started collecting I hated 23.
    Now that some of the records I bought new have the same crackle as records I pick up 2nd hand I love the occasional crackle or pop. A massive gouge in the groove still fucks me up though, and I'm certain Photek's antipathy for this sound led to him sampling it (@1:19 and 1:25) on this track:

Just think of it as a warm firing crackling away in the fireplace.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:

BOOM thank you for that!

also I don't like playing picture discs or those transparent colored records. The flat colored ones are okay. Except the white. This is because of whatever number on the list was "being a deejay."

but picture discs are great for looking at. It's the pictures and the disc infographic type perfection all in one. They just don't seem to sound as good usually.

• #18 Only if I have beat her(anyone) to the bins. I haven't looked through something someone else is scoping, I am not happy with them being there. Especially, if they are picking up joints like I'm looking for. I'm in battle mode til I've got my records.

..then, "what's up girl?...." (NAH, then I just wanna needle drop through the whole batch)

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    They forgot one: Record shelves

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    #1 I just lost out on a sale of an unplayed MFSL Supertramp because of the lead in crackles. Or maybe that is #23.

#3. That's the Marantz 2270 I am using now.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    CratesGatsby said:
    #18 Only if I have beat her(anyone) to the bins. I haven't looked through something someone else is scoping, I am not happy with them being there. Especially, if they are picking up joints like I'm looking for. I'm in battle mode til I've got my records.

..then, "what's up girl?...." (NAH, then I just wanna needle drop through the whole batch)

I usually just stand behind someone and let them flip through the bins so I dont get my fingers all dirty. Most people wouldn;t know what's good if it jumped out of the bin and bit them in the ass.