Meet KA and buy his new album 7/13/13

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
I don't live in NY, but Grief Pedigree is my shit and I'd like to check out the new album. Cool chance to buy it directly from the guy.

http://www.egotripland.com/meet-ka-new-york-7-13-13/#more-28189

Cd and vinyl, son!

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yes. Bummed I am not there for it.
    I think he's done vinyl releases for all his albums.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Speaking of KA.... his new song and video kill it....

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    Nice

• this is rap music for people who dont really like rap music any more. Just old man soft body shit.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    Deluxe life dolo said:
    this is rap music for people who dont really like rap music any more. Just old man soft body shit.

I liked some of ka's album. So what is hard body shit?

matamatic said:
    Deluxe life dolo said:
    this is rap music for people who dont really like rap music any more. Just old man soft body shit.

I liked some of ka's album. So what is hard body shit?

I think this is what he means.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    bassie said:
    Yes. Bummed I am not there for it.
    I think he's done vinyl releases for all his albums.
    This is a true statement.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    The first one had vinyl? I guess he's just out of them.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You mean grief pedigree? I bought a few from him directly and have it for sale at the shop...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The new album is great.

I keep wondering when I'm going to get tired of saying this or that album is great in 2013. I don't see it being anytime soon, though.

Iron Works was his first record (present label name) - and his site is showing only the CD for sale. Either it never came out on vinyl (though I thought I saw it for sale when I looked at his site last year) or it sold out.

I don't think iron works was on teh vinyls.

• Iron Works is cd-only.

Grief Pedigree is one of the best rap albums from the last couple of years. I ordered it online around the time when it came out but since I lived in Brooklyn KA delivered it in person. Such a humble dude who deserves all the publicity and success!

dreskieboogie said:
    Iron Works is cd-only.

Grief Pedigree is one of the best rap albums from the last couple of years. I ordered it online around the time when it came out but since I lived in Brooklyn KA delivered it in person. Such a humble dude who deserves all the publicity and success!

That's cool. I ordered the vinyl and was impressed when it was just his personal name on the PayPal. I also like the line about "be patient, I don't go to the post office every day."

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    dreskieboogie said:
    Iron Works is cd-only.

That's cool. I ordered the vinyl and was impressed when it was just his personal name on the PayPal. I also like the line about "be patient, I don't go to the post office every day."

Thats dope. All bought all his stuff direct off his site which is great feeling knowing the artist is getting all $$$ and handling it himself. Thats ill that he delivered personally! Love that shit.

bonus beat: who copped the shirt too? ;)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So, a late bump on this but I have been listening to The Night's Gambit a hell of a lot since it was released. Never really got the guy previously but this is really hitting the spot and I suspect will only get better as the autumn nights start drawing in. 30 Pieces of Silver is haunting me.