This Weeks Finds

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Records found this week in UK Charities and one record shop:WednesdayBobby Vee's Golden Greats - Rubbish but rare.Motown Instrumentals - Some cool bits on here.Hair - James Last - The one with eyeball cover!!Howard Blake - That Hammond Sound - Couple of good numbers on here.Alan Haven - Haven for Sale - Surprisingly interesting LP with some good covers.Gene Pitney - Meets The Fair Young Ladies of FolklandJimmy Ruffin - Forever - MotownBuddy Rich - Swingin New Big BandRamsey Lewis - Choice The Best ofFour Seasons - The Greatest Hits - 4 LP'sR Dean taylor - Gotta See Jane / Indiana Wants MeJelly Roll Morton -Mr Jelly LordMose Allison - Ramblin with Mose - PrestigeThe Beach Boys - Surfer GirlCarla Thomas - Memphis Queen - StaxHorace Silver - The Horace Silver QuintetBig John Patton - Let 'em RollBig John Patton - Got a Good Thing Goin'The above 3 are all US Blue Note originals. Real pleased to get these!!12'sDefinition of Sound - Moira Jane's CafeWalter Beasley - I'm so Happy(remix) - Urban recordsFive Thirty - Abstain - Really liked this group, got their Lp as well, what happened to them??Reggae 12's - HELPGeorge Faith - Eternal Love / That GirlFire and Ice - I'm Gonna Miss YouChristine Lewis - Show MeBryan and Tony Gold - Here we go Again / Chuck Turner - Half CrazyGregory Isaacs - Steal a Little love / Junior Demus - Talking ChickSanchez -I can't WaitLittle ray - Forever Young / Frankie Paul - Girl is MineCharjan & frighty - God Send you Come / Everything Reminds me of youPat Kelly - Bridge over Troubled WaterAnthony Malvo & Daddy Lizard - Take you to the DanceWinston Groovy - You Made it Look so easyCharmaine Bubbler - Till I see you Again Roots Radic - Rub a Dub / Mighty Diamonds - Born a YardPioneers - Imagine Abacush -Sunshine Island The a Team band - Your LOve is AmazingDobbie Dobson - Can I Trust YouWayne Wonder - You Me and SheManifest - I Wanna Get Next to YouThe Trend - Zigzawya / Style - Full up A the Stylewailing Soul - Dog Bite / Lonely DayThe Family - I Could Have Loved youHopeton Lindo - Midnight Lover Jean Adebambo - I Like it Tinga & Flourgon - Don't Drive me Crazy ThusdayThe Honeydrippers - I Can't Stop you from Doing / Streakin ' - Nice funky B side12'sSteinski - We'll be Right BackSteinski - We'll be Right Back (Hard Sell)LL Cool J - I'm Bad / Get DownPublic Enemy - You're Gonna Get Yours / Rebel without a Pause / Miuzi Weighs a Ton - SpareEric B - Paid in Full (Derek B's Urban Respray)LP'sPepper Tree - You're My People - Sealed in the ??1 box, interesting funky rock, anyone know anything about this?Mantronix - Music Madness - Features Scream which I was in the video for. Filmed at Brixton Acadamy if i remember rightly. Mike Allen announced the shoot on his show and me and a couple of mates travelled up form Eastbourne the next day to imortalise ourselves!!Mantronix - The AlbumThe La's - Been after a cheap one of these for years, great LP, as good as The Stones Roses debut??? Discusss!Los Brasilios - Brasilian Beat - Cool version of the Dee Felice track Nightingale - SpareGoldie Yelkowitz - ST - Funky rock. Was told once that Goldie is in fact someone else, any clues? - Spare2nd Chapter of Acts - With Footnotes - Saw one of these sell on the Bay for silly money recently which tempted me to pick up this spare. - SpareDum Dum - Great UK only LP, similar vein to The Hanged Man. Third original copy of this I've found in around a year. - SpareZack Laurence - I Will - Great Version of the Beatles Things we Said Today.Amphonic Library - Super Sounds Unlimited - Syd Dale pens most of the numbers on here, very funky!BBC Radiophnic Workshop - Fourth Dimension - Vespucci is the track here - SpareJ - The Sensuous Woman - Beautiful large breasted woman on the cover telling woman how to please their man. Quote from the back sleeve, "Even if you are Knock Kneed, flat chested, cross eyed and balding, you can learn to have a really joyous and fullfilling sex life!"Ananda Shankar - ST - Classic LP - SpareHard Meat - Through a Window - 2 Great folk funk numbers on here - SpareThe Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin Billy - Odd LP that I really like, funky Eastern influences.Soundtrack - Groupie Girl - Hawkshaw and others produce the goods on this one.FridayDef Jef - Droppin RhymesGaz - Sing SingT La Rock - Flow with the New StyleMantronik v EPMD - Strictly BusinessTwin Hype - Do it to the CrowdBlack Rock and Ron - STMC Tee & Lord Tasheem - Talkin LoudThe Classical Two - New GenerationDoug e Fresh - All the Way to HeavenMoney Mark - CryRob Base - Break of dawnStaedy B - Nasty GirlsRichie Rich - Yes I have ReturnedDavy D - Oh GirlNicolette - We Never KnowNicolette - No Government - double promo release, been looking for this for yonks!Grandmixer DST - Crazy Cuts - 2 copiesKool Rock Steady - Let's Get HypedSweet Tee - Let's DanceBrooklyn Funk Essentials - The Creator has a Master PlanFunkdoobiest - Bow Wow WowSilver Bullet - Undercover AnarchistT La Rock - This Beat KicksSergio Mendes - I'll Tell YouA & M Sampler - Richard Evans - Burning Spear - SpareMalcolm Mclaren - Do you Like Scratchi ep + Double DutchUnnamed Mo Wax 12" ??????Slowdive - Catch the BreezeLP'sDisco Party - Collection of Contempo artistsLesley Duncan - Everything Changes - SpareSan Fernando Brass - The New Brass SoundBob Rogers - Coombe Haven - Holiday Park funk - SpareKeeping the Faith - Creation Dance CompBrian Auger & Julie Driscoll - Special Release - Comp on mfp that I've not seen before.SaturdayGabor Szabo - Jazz RagaMarianne Faithful - Go Away From My WorldLinda Lewis - Fathoms Deep - SpareTom Browne - Funkin for Jamaica 12"Bill Fay - ST

Comments

• Interesting selection there! Where abouts in the UK are you?

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    South East London

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

The Honeydrippers - I Can't Stop you from Doing / Streakin ' - Nice funky B side

It's all a matter of opinion, but "I Can't Stop..." isn't bad on the funky tip either.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    thrifts and fleas exclusively --- (all found for under 20 bucks total)

• Big John Patton - Let 'em Roll

i found this one recently at a thrift shop and got some nice coin for it. I don't know if you sell your records though.

dave