R.I.P. Jim Kelly

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
The Original Black Dyn-O-Mite!

He sits at the table of 70's Black Cool w/ Shaft, Superfly and them.

Iconic.

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Damn, R.I.P.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    A true bad ass of his time.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    RIP.

Bruce was the star of Enter The Dragon, no doubt. But, BITD, me & my boys all came out of the theatre quoting Williams' lines, and we all went to see Black Belt Jones because Jim Kelly was in it.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    BADDEST CAT ON THE MAT.

R. I. P.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    FUCK YOU CANCER

major loss

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Is Jim Kelly Ground Zero for the Black martial artist steez of the Blaxploitation Era?

There was no Martial Arts in Shaft, but Superfly had it in '72. Enter The Dragon is '73.

Luke Cage Hero For Hire is '72. Iron Fist (martial arts)joins in the latter 70s.

DCs The Bronze Tiger comes out in ''75 in the Richard Dragon book.

Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting - '74..........Curtis Mayfield - Kung Fu '74.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Immediately thought the QUarterback when I read this... He was diagnosed with cancer too.

Nonetheless , rip to the other Jim Kelly.

• Picked up the Enter the Dragon OST a couple of weeks ago. I got everyone in my college dorm watching that flick back in the day. When I was checking out the album and interneting it, I started looking up Jim Kelly aka Williams. Now this. Rest in Power.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Damn...I met him late last year at an autograph festival and he seemed fine to me. Never would have thought. RIP

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    RIP to a total Bad Ass. I like that Hard Way clip. A wind storm comes up and they just keep rolling.